Job Post: Legal Fellows at NLUD’s Fair Trial Fellowship Programme, Pune and Nagpur:
Apply by Nov 30 [Extended]
About the organisation
National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
Fair Trial Fellowship programme commenced in August 2018 and has established a Fellowship programme to support empanelled legal aid lawyers under the District Legal Services Authority (DLSA) framework.
The National Law University, Delhi (“University”) is seeking to engage on a contractual basis, Legal Fellows for Pune and Nagpur for the Fair Trial Fellowship programme of Project39A supported by a grant from the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives.
- Minimum of three-year experience of criminal law practice at trial court level.
- Registration as a practicing advocate (Sanad) with Bar Council of any state in India.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Marathi.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Familiarity with the use of MS-Office, emails and the internet.
- Prior work experience in work with the District Legal Services Authority is desirable.
The above qualifications may be relaxed in exceptional circumstances
Fellows will be paid a fellowship amount of Rs. 30,000 per month.
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working on this programme. The statement of purpose must not exceed 700 words.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process which may be held in Mumbai/Pune/Nagpur. Intimation regarding dates and venue of selection rounds will be given to the shortlisted candidates by email. The selection procedure will be conducted in two stages:
- Round 1: Written Test to assess the knowledge and application of the law of the applicants.
- Round 2: Personal Interview of candidates shortlisted from Round 1.
Final selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in both the rounds. Selected candidates will be intimated by email.
Email: Interested persons must send their resume and Statement of Purpose to [email protected] and the subject of the e-mail should be “Fair Trial Fellowship – Application for Legal Fellowship”.
Applications received after midnight of 30th November 2019 will not be considered. The shortlisted candidates shall be informed about the next round in the selection process via e-mail.