Job Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
@ Kurukshetra University,Kurukshetra:
Apply by Nov 26
About the Organisation
Kurukshetra University is a university established on 11 January 1956 in Kurukshetra in the Indian state of Haryana, 160 kilometres from the capital, Delhi. It is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Kurukshetra University invites online applications from the eligible candidates for recruitment of Assistant Professors in the subjects of Law.
Number of Vacancies
Thanesar, Haryana 136119
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clause (A) and (B) the candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in discipline for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the PhD Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
The candidates registered for PhD programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall also be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- PhD degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only.
- Evaluation of the PhD thesis by at least two external examiners.
- Open PhD viva voce of the candidate had been conducted
- Candidates have published two research papers from his/her PhD work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal.
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on his/her PhD work.
Note: (i) to (v) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean, (Academic Affairs)/Dean, (University instructions).”
Master’s Degree and NET/SET/SLET shall be in the concerned subject only. PhD in the concerned subject only shall be considered for eligibility condition in case of Non-NET/Non-SLET/Non-SET candidates.
Academic Level-10 (Rs. 57700-182400/-) with entry pay of Rs. 57700/-
How to apply?
Deadline: 26th November 2019