Jagran Law Review (inaugural issue) January, 2017 @ School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
For your kind reference, short details of the program are as follows:
About Jagran Law Review
Jagran Law Review is an endeavour of the School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal(M.P.). Jagran Law Review will serve as a forum for the promotion and circulation of views on contemporary legal issues. The Journal is peer-reviewed law journal which seeks to focus on the burning issues in the legal scenario and promote interest in the same and would include review of laws and policies involved in the field. Jagran Law Review seeks to publish original and scholarly writings on any area of law. The submissions must be relevant, up to date and of interest to the academic community.
Jagran Law Review will be composed of articles, essays, case comments, legislative comments and book reviews. Its targeted audience includes members of the legal profession, teachers of law and other related fields, and students. It encourages contribution from all such quarters.
Jagran Law Review is inviting submissions for its inaugural issue which is due to be published in January, 2017. Interested contributors are requested to send their submissions under the categories mentioned below. For general queries relating to your submissions, kindly write to us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
NATURE OF SUBMISSIONS
Contributions for “Jagran Law Review” are solicited under the following categories:
An article is expected to include a comprehensive review of the existing law in a particular area of study, and is conservative in both choice and analysis of subject. The subject matter is expected to be dealt with in a detailed and thorough manner.
Essays are usually more adventurous, challenging existing paradigms and innovatively addressing well-known problems. It is not necessary for an essay to be as comprehensive as an article, and it is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise, in terms of scope and conceptualization.
A study of any contemporary judicial pronouncement (Indian or foreign) and must contain its analysis, the context in which the particular judgment has been delivered, its contribution to existing law and must necessarily comment on the judicial process involved.
This entails a critical analysis of any existing Indian legislation or proposed bills, and their constitutional implications. The analysis is expected to be original and technical in nature with specific regard to the constitutional provisions.
Please note: Book Review should specify all relevant information relating to the book reviewed such as the name(s) of the author(s) and editor(s), edition of the book reviewed, year of publication, name of publisher and place of publication.
The contributions should adhere to the following specifications:
The word limit for articles and essays is between 7,000 to 10,000 words (inclusive of footnotes), while case/legislative comments and book Reviews must be confined to less than 5,000 words.
The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (18th Ed.). Speaking footnotes are not discouraged.
- Title [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Small Caps, Bold, Underlined, Centre Aligned]
- Abstract [Times New Roman, 11 points, Single line spacing, Italics, Justified, Indentation 1 inch on either sides]
- Heading Level 1 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Small Caps, Bold, Centre Align]
- Heading Level 2 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Capitalize each word, Italics, Left Align]
- Heading Level 3 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Capitalize Each Word, Left Align]
- Main Body [Times New Roman, 11 points, 1.15 line spacing, Justified, 1 inch margins on all sides]
- Footnotes [Times New Roman, 9 points, 1 line spacing, left aligned]
Every submission must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words, which outlines the area of study and any important conclusions that may be drawn by the author(s).
All personal details, including name, year, name of college/university, postal address, phone number and e-mail id, must be provided in a separate letter or file, and must not be mentioned in the document or file containing the submission.
SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS:
We encourage submission of contributions electronically. Kindly attach your contributions and mark the subject line of email as “CONTRIBUTION FOR Jagran Law Review” and send it to email@example.com.Kindly mark a copy of the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal(M.P.)reserves the right to modify the abovementioned guidelines if the need arises.
Contributors must fill a declaration form for originality of work, which will be mailed to them upon submission.
CONDITIONS TO PUBLICATION
- All contributions considered for publication in the Journal will be double blind-refereed.
- Previously published contributions or those which have been given for publication elsewhere will not be considered unless exceptional circumstances arise. Contributors are asked to confirm that a piece is being submitted exclusively to Jagran Law Review.
- It is the responsibility of the contributor(s) to ensure that all references, acknowledgments, citations are correct and that the submission does not contain any material that infringes copyright or any other rights of third parties and that the piece does not contain any defamatory, obscene, racially prejudicial or otherwise unlawful or litigious material.
- The contributor(s) grant Jagran Law Review as well as their assignee an exclusive licence to publish in hard copy as well as electronically, reproduce, sale and distribute for profitable or non-profitable purposes. The authors will not receive any royalty or share from sale proceeds however, a free copy of the specific issue will be provided to the author.
Interested contributors are requested to send their submissions under the categories mentioned below. For general queries relating to your submissions, kindly write to us at email@example.com
Dr. MANISH YADAV(LL.M,NLIU-Bhopal) Ph.D.(Energy Laws)
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (LAW)
SCHOOL OF LAW, JAGRAN LAKECITY UNIVERSITY,BHOPAL
LawOF does not claim any responsibility for the above mentioned Event/Program/ Jobs/ Internship. We thus request you to verify its credentials on your sole responsibility, before applying for it.
The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org