Internship Opportunity & Workshop on “Art of Advocacy” by Together NGO,Delhi. [Nov 11]: Applications Open
About the Organizer
Together We Can. We Will !! a non-governmental organisation (NGO), known for the Welfare of the underprivileged and conducting law seminars and conferences across the country are organising a workshop on “ART OF ADVOCACY” on 11th November 2019.
Together We Can. We Will is organising a workshop on “Art of Advocacy”
“Advocacy” can mean many things, but in general, it refers to taking action. Advocacy simply involves speaking and acting on behalf of yourself or others.
Advocacy is a skill wherein a lawyer puts forth his argument before the court to persuade the judge to give a decision in favour of his client. Advocacy can be either written or oral.
Advocacy skill is an invaluable skill which every lawyer must have to be a successful lawyer. Advocacy skill is not confined to the courtroom alone but it gets initiated from the time when the client comes in to meet the lawyer. Advocacy involves a wide range of abilities like case analysis, drafting, using arguments, oral submissions and cross-examining the witness so as to put forward a strong and persuasive case.
Advocacy is said to be an art rather than a science. With the budding lawyer’s intent on foraying into the world of
lawyering, advocacy skill is a major tool in their hands.
No such eligibility requirement, any person having an interest in the field of law can attend this workshop.
Conference Hall, Rohini Court, Delhi
11th November 2019
- After taking part in the workshop the participants will learn to:
- Understand the skills of a lawyer and the effectiveness of good communication skills.
- Develop analytical and research skills along with people skills for good advocacy
- Equip oneself in handling witness and also controlling witness as a part of advocacy.
- Provide hands-on experience of advocacy skill through prompt simulation.
Note: Since the number of seats is limited, allotment will be on a first come first serve basis.
Registration Fee: Rs. 300/-
After the workshop, we will be conducting a Press Release Competition, wherein students have to send a press release of the event (Document type MS word) to the official email id of Together- We Can. We Will (i.e.[email protected]), students will be given a week time to prepare the press release.
On 18th November 2019, i.e. Monday, students will be required to send the press release prepared by them to the email id mentioned above. Submissions received after that will not be considered, no excuse whatsoever. The first page of the press release should contain all the details of the participant (mentioning Name, Institute Name, along with College ID).
Results will be announced in the last week of December 2019. After that participants will be given a week’s time to send acceptance of internship, failure to do so will be interpreted as a rejection of opportunity and the next best deserving candidate will be allotted the internship.
- In total, we will be offering internships to eleven (11) participants.
- The best Press release (1 st prize) will get a chance to intern under one of the Hon’ble Judges of the Delhi High Court.
- Next five submissions will get a chance to intern under lawyers of Rohini Court, Delhi.
- The last five submissions will get internship under our organization.
- Mr. Naushad Ahmed Khan (Addl. Standing Counsel, Government of Delhi, President of Indian Young Lawyers Association, Advocate at Delhi High Court)
- Prof (Dr.) Afzal Wani (LL.M, Ph.D(Law), Former Dean, USLLS, Professor at USLLS, IP University)