Internship Opportunity (Research Interns) @ TISS Mumbai. Total 120 to 150 positions for the Research Interns.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is assisting Government of Gujarat for a study project in mining-affected villages in various districts. The study is part of the preparation of annual plans for village development under PMKKKY scheme. TISS is looking for Program Managers, Research Assistant, and Research Interns who will be responsible for carrying out research and conduct a baseline survey to understand the socio-economic impact on the community in the Mining affected villages.
Research Interns, who will be responsible for carrying out research and conduct a baseline survey to understand the magnitude of socio-economic impact on the community in the Mining affected villages. The Research Interns would be reporting to Research Associates.
There are total 120 to 150 positions for the Research Interns
• Graduate or Postgraduate (either completed or enrolled for post-graduate programme), preferably, in Social Entrepreneurship/ Social work/Economics/Agriculture/Development/ Health sector/ Education/ Livelihood /Management/Anthropology/ Law Graduate/
• Post-graduate in other subjects with an inclination towards development sector work will also be considered;
• The candidate will be based in Gujarat and will to travel extensively across the state in mining-affected villages;
• Should have prior exposure for conducting a survey;
• Should have good written, and verbal communication skills in Gujarati and English and must demonstrate soft skills while working with people and administrators at all levels;
• Maintain documentation for data collection, processing, analysis and reporting;
• Maintain a log of issues faced during the survey and or/reporting so results can be replicated/verified;
• Think creatively about ways to present results for data‐based decision making and present data to help decision‐makers interpret results for action;
• Ability to clearly articulate his/her views in both written form and through presentations
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of commitment and ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Support the activities of investigators and coordinator
• A good understanding of Social & political issues,
• Good computer skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/ PowerPoint and Internet
• Good reading and writing skills
Engagement period and Remuneration:
The selected candidate will be based in Gujarat. Engagement will be for 45 to 60 days. After the successful completion of the study, interns will be awarded appreciation certificate and a stipend according to the competencies skill
The deadline for applying is 10th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please drop an email to email@example.com with the Subject: Position Name – Name of the candidate, along with your resume , attach one written sample of any work/Report and one reference for the position of Program Manager and Research Assistant.
In case, If the candidate is pursuing Masters/M.Phil/PhD, The candidate has to get the signature of his guide and head of the department and the pay will be according to the UGC and Institute norms.