Internship Opportunity @ Better World Foundation [Bihar, Jharkhand]
Apply by May 31
Aim of the Organisation
Better World Foundation has been working in rural India to create scalable social impact in the life of people and village economy. The organization works to empower farmers, women, and children and to develop a better world for the generation to come. We focus on bringing multiple stakeholders together and creating an environment in which we all can contribute to empowering rural India. We aim to create sustainable changes in rural life with our comprehensive programs on education, livelihood, health and integrated development of the village.
What they are looking for?
Better World Foundation is looking for dynamic and motivated interns willing to work in various roles as required while working towards rights advocacy of MGNREGA workers and in integrated development villages across Bihar and Jharkhand.
The interns will work under the direct supervision of the core team at BWF. The persons will undertake the following activities:
- Assist the team in various development initiatives alongside the rural community.
- Assist in providing legal support and rights advocacy to MGNREGA workers and undertrial prisoners.
- Provide desk research and documentation of the development and support initiatives run by BWF.
Who can apply?
- Written and spoken proficiency in Hindi and English is desirable.
- Candidates should be able to put in a minimum of 4 weeks (during June-July 2019) in the internship and should be passionate about rural development and strengthening rural society.
- Candidates currently enrolled in Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree courses in Law, Development Studies, Social Work, Public Policy, Anthropology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science and/or related subjects will be preferred.
A stipend, based on the overall performance of the interns, will be paid to the selected candidates and any work-related costs will be covered.
Interested candidates may send a resume along with a recent writing sample to email@example.com by 31st May 2019.
The organization is open for new and innovative ideas. Dalit, Adivasi, and ethnic/religious minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
For further enquiry:
For any further queries, please contact: Alok Kumar, Phone No. 96314 01928, Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org