Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW)
International Fellowships [Oct 2020-March 2021]:
Apply by March 31
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2020 International Fellowships.
Objective of this Program
To allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Outline of JAUW International Fellowship Program
- The program is open to applications between November 2019 and March 31, 2020.
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen500,000 and up to Yen1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2020 and March 2021.
- The program cannot be extended in any event.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.They need to have contacted and obtained a consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application. JAUW won’t extend any help regarding this matter.
- Applicants must submit application forms according to the Instructions
For details of this program, please see the INSTRUCTIONS, which is downloadable from below.
INSTRUCTIONS for 2020 JAUW International Fellowship Application, click here.
To apply, you have to use the designated forms, downloadable from here :
- 2020 Personal Registration Information (Electric Data Format), click here & word
- 2020 Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data), click here & word (docx)
- 2020 Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), click here & word click here
- 2020 Form of a Letter of Acceptance click here& word (docx)
(Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.)
- 2020 Form of Certificate of Health, click here