@ Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS, Chennai [Sep 7]:
Submit by July 22
About the organisation
Saveetha Institute of Medical And Technical Sciences (SIMATS) is a private university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Saveetha School of Law aims to strive for Quality Legal Education and maintains higher standards of Legal Research and Training.
About the Conference
Saveetha School of Law, Saveetha Institute of Medical And Technical Sciences (SIMATS) is organising an International Conference on Women Empowerment.
There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women. Kofi Annan
Many people believe that women’s empowerment is a fancy term for feminism. Regardless of the good that feminist movements have achieved, many people don’t want to identify as feminists because of negative connotations associated with the word. Women empowerment is a tool to develop a nation.
Developing one sector of the society and remaining the other sector underdeveloped, won’t make any difference in the growth of the nation. We need to take each section of society together in the path of development. Empowering women is the main motto of the development department because an empowered mother with a child makes the bright future of any nation.
However, on a global level, women are still suffering from gender inequality and struggling with basic human rights like honour killings; child marriages; female genital mutilation; street harassment; rape; pay inequality; educational inequity, and more. In the modern world, women also have to deal with body-shaming, slut-shaming, and victim-blaming on a daily basis.
Date & Venue
The conference is on 7th September 2019 at Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS, No 162, Poonamallee High Road, Velappanchavadi, Chennai – 600077, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Female Representation in Different Professions
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Women and Human Rights
- Gender Equality and the Millennium Development Goals
- Women in Decision-making
- Empower Rural Women
- Enhancing and Enabling Environment for Business and Investment Climate for women entrepreneurs.
- Socio-Economic Women Empowerment
- Women and cybercrimes.
- Women abuse of patriarchal power
- Themes that are not found above and which are of core relevance to the Conference may also be entertained
Students of three year and five-year any degree courses from any University/Law School or non-law/College/Department are eligible to apply for registration of the conference.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite articles and research papers on the theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the seminar on the following e-mail ID: [email protected]
Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to [email protected], with the subject-line “abstract submission”. The document shall contain the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s), mobile number and the name of the institution(s).
Abstracts are due by 11:59 PM GMT on 22 July 2019. Abstracts must not exceed 500 words. Co-authorship is allowed. Abstracts will be selected through a double-blind peer-review process. Selection will be based on originality, method, relevance to the conference theme as well as geographical and social balance. Only one abstract per author will be considered.
- The language of the paper and the working language of the Conference and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of a maximum of two authors per submission.
- The author(s) is required to send an abstract of their paper upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words along with a minimum of five Keywords. The soft copy of the abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/ Organization, paper title, email address and mobile number, to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier or should be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- In the case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- A person may submit a maximum of only 1 article.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- 21st Bluebook citation format should be strictly followed.
The paper should be within 3500-4000 words inclusive of footnotes and abstract.
Note: Strictly adhere to the guidelines.
All submissions must be made in soft copy to the aforementioned mail ID ([email protected]) on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in word document format. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the paper.
Participation and Publication Guidelines
Persons interested in attending (not required to make any submission) the conference may also register for the same for which they will be awarded a Certificate of Participation. Only the selected best research papers will be published.
- Last date for Abstract submission: 22.07.2019
- Confirmation of selected Abstracts: 24.07.2019
- Last date for Paper submission: 14 .08.2019
- Last date for Registration of Participation: 17.08.2019
To register, click here.
The participants must register themselves latest by 17th August 2019. Participants will receive an acknowledgement-cum-approval as a confirmation of their registration & participation periodically after registration.
- Students/Research Scholars: 1000/-
- Academicians/Professionals: 1200/-
- Participants: 500/-
- Accommodation: 500/-
Note: All the facilities shall be provided only to the registered members of the teams and no additional member, parents, coaches, observer or faculty advisor shall be accommodated. No pickup and drop off facility will be provided by the institution. The participants are requested to arrange their own transportation for the same.
Mode of payment
Bank: Karur Vaysa Bank
Account No.: 1248135000002593
Account Name: Saveetha School of Law
IFSC Code: KVBL0001248
Branch: PH ROAD, CHENNAI – 77
The screenshot of the transaction must be either submitted in the PDF/JPEG format to the official mail id: [email protected]
Mrs. L. Priya Dharshini (Asst.Professor of Law), Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS, contact no: 7339143643
Mrs. K. Niranjana (Asst.Professor of Law), Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS
Ms. J. Geethapriya, 4th year, BA LLB (HONS), Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS
Ms. B. Anjali, 4th year, BA LLB (HONS), Saveetha School of Law, SIMATS
Contact no: 8124848183