International Conference for Law Students, practitioners and academicians.
About the Institutes
The Directorate of Legal Studies is the Premier Legal Institution which brought vital changes in the set up of Legal Education in the State of Tamil Nadu. It was established in the year 1953 with the twin objectives of administration of Law Colleges and improving the standard of Legal Education in the state of Tamil Nadu by framing new policies and rules.
Government Law College, Villupuram functioning under its Administrative Department of Directorate of Legal Studies is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University.
Gujarat National Law University is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India and University Grants Commission.
GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights founded in January 2016 with an aim to incentivize innovative and cutting-edge academic research in the field of IP Laws, and conducting various training and extension activities for creating more awareness in the field of IP Laws.
LawOF www.lawof.in Provides information about legal conference, webinars for Law Students, practitioners and academicians.
About the conference
One need not venture far in search of appropriate words to suite the present condition through which the globe passes. With a systemic change in the way of conducting life, ultimate truth rests in the infamous saying- necessity is the mother of invention. This hour of unprecedented circumstances brings around the need to discuss, deliberate and find probable solutions. This conference shall focus on the impact of COVID-19 on various facets of IPR and the opportunities as well as challenges brought by the rapid systemic changes in the IP regime.
- Patent and Pandemic : Issues and Challenges
- Integrated use of IPR in Indian Industry
- Intellectual Property Issues in E-commerce Platform
- Artificial Intelligence and IPR
- The Interplay between Copyrights & Designs Act in India
- Copyrights Issues in Cyberspace : Liability of the Developer of New Technology
- Overview of Trademarks Governance
- Geographical Indications – An important IP tool for Socio-Economic Growth
- IP Rights : Licensing and Royalty Issues
- WIPO and 50 Years of Patent Cooperation Treaty
- COVID-19 and IPR- Global Changes, Opportunities & Challenges
- Prof. (Dr.) N.S. Santhosh Kumar, The Director of Legal Studies, Tamil Nadu.
- Prof. (Dr.) S.Shanthakumar, Director, Gujarat National Law University.
- Hon’ble Justice Thiru. C. Saravanan, Madras High Court, Tamil Nadu.
- Prof.(Dr.)N.Kayalvizhi, Principal, Government Law College, Villupuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr. Nidhi Bush, Centre Director, GNLU Centre of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Mark F. Schultz, Director, Intellectual Property and Technology Law Program, University of Akron School of Law.
- Dr. Srividya Raghavan, Professor of Law and Director of India Programs, Texas A &M University School of Law, USA.
- Dr. Raj Deve, Founder, Dave Law Group, Virginia, USA.
- Shri. G.R. Raghavender, Joint Secretary,Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice, GOI.
- Dr.K.S.Kardam, Former Senior Joint Controller of Patents and Designs, Indian patent Office, New Delhi.
- Advocate Muthu Kumar, Additional Government Pleader, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Mr.Raja Ram, Advocate, Madras High Court.
- Swapna Sundar, Director, IP Dome.
- Mr. K.M. Aasim Shehzad, Advocate & Founding Partner, BFS Legal, Chennai.
- Dr. Malathi Lakshmikumaran, Director, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, New Delhi.
- Prof. (Dr.) Lucky George, Head of the Department – IPR, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
- Prof. (Dr.) Lisa Lukose, Associate Professor of Law, Department of Law, Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
- Dr. Betsy Rajasingh, Assistant Professor, Saveetha School of Law.
Who can Apply
Academicians, scholars, practitioners, students and civil society members.
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020
Time: 02.00pm – 07.00pm IST
Location: Cisco Webex (Online)
Interested candidates can register online through this page.
28 June 2020 for registrations.
Registration is free.
E-Certificates will be provided to the Participants.
- Email : [email protected], [email protected]
- Staff Co-ordinator:+91 97107 33525
- Student Co-ordinators: +91 97154 15500, +91 99433 81035
To know more about the conference and their brochure, click the link here.
LawOF is the emerging portal for Law Students & Teachers