Five-Days Workshop on Access to Medicines, TRIPS and Patents
@ TISS, Mumbai [Dec 16-21]: Apply by Nov 25
The Third World Network (TWN), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai and Jan Swasthya Abhiyan are organising a workshop on Access to Medicines, TRIPS and Patents in the Developing World from December 17-21, 2019, at TISS Mumbai. The deadline for applications is November 25, 2019. For further details, please see the announcement below:
Jan Swasthya Abhiyan, Third World Network (TWN) and Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai are together organising a five-day workshop on Access to Medicines, TRIPS and Patents in the Developing World from December 17-21, 2019, at TISS Mumbai.
This workshop is aiming to equip participants to understand the legal and policy issues around access to affordable
medicine and patents, to their increase knowledge around the use of the TRIPS flexibilities provided for by the international trade agreements. Further, the workshop aims to enhance their capacity to make effective law and policy interventions.
Who can Participate
- This course is meant for the medical professional, legal professional, young scientists, researchers, early career researchers, students, academics, civil society and health right activist working in the field of public health, access to medicines and patient rights perspectives. However, the workshop is open for participation to anyone who may be interested.
- Participants are expected to arrive by 16 December evening and leave on 21st December after 5.00 pm.
- Interested participants are requested to send in the completed application form (attached) and a write-up expressing the reasons for joining the workshop including the expectation (3-5 lines) from the workshop on or before 25th November 2019 to the mail id firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit your application as soon as possible. Participants will be selected on the basis of their application and relevant work experience. Institutes and organisation who may want to send their students, may limit to a maximum of two participants.
- Participants will be informed of their election by email only. This is a residential course, so participants may have to stay at the venue for the entire duration (5 days) of the course.
Accommodation & Travel
Travel, lodging and boarding will be provided free of cost by the organisers from 16th to 21st December 2019.