7 Days Faculty Development Programme
@ Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University is going to organize the One Week Faculty development program on 14th January 2020 (Tuesday) – 20th January 2020 (Monday).
About the Programme
This Faculty Development Program is designed to get participants acquainted with innovative methods for research in law and research-based teaching. The expert speakers will discuss the intricacies of research and research-based teaching in law while identifying the gaps and suggesting reforms.
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for distinguished researchers/teachers in India to engage themselves with the senior faculty members and professionals and to have a direct feel of their experiences and perspectives relating to teaching and research.
Aims & Objective
- To acquaint the participants with the intricacies of legal research and research-based teaching.
- To familiarize the faculty participants with innovative teaching-learning and legal research methods.
- To train the participants to upgrade their knowledge and skills which will enable them to undertake meaningful research activities including policy research.
- To equip the participants with the ability to effectively assimilate and impart knowledge in different areas of law.
- To enhance the overall teaching and research capabilities of participants.
- Introduction to Research in Law – Conventional and Non- Conventional.
- Types and components of Legal Research – Literature Review, identification of research gaps, the setting of objectives and hypothesis, etc.
- Writing a research paper, books, etc. Collection, use, tools, and analysis of data.
- Inter-Disciplinary and Multi-Disciplinary Research. Methods of Teaching and Research.
- Jurimetrics / Quantitative Methods in Research.
- Writing research proposals, research projects, reports and approaching funding agencies.
- Empirical Research. Judgment analysis, book review, etc.
- Research ethics.
Professionals, Scholars, Faculty Members from any stream of knowledge.
Registration Details & Fees
The Registration fees shall be Rs. 4000/- which shall include the accommodation reading material, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Rs. 2500/– without accommodation. Payment of fees can be made by fund transfer/ deposit to the following account.
- Name of Account Holder: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai Account Number: 8709000100018239
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Branch: Powai
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
Only 40 participations are allowed.
Reporting time at the registration desk on 14th January 2020 is 10:00 am
Prof. (Dr.) Anil G. Variath: +91 9869011210
Dr. Kiran Rai: email@example.com
Dr. Anand Raut: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL ID: MNLUMreach@gmail.com