“Disha Parivartan Fellowship”
by Sahaj Foundation, Baijnath:
Apply by Dec 31
About the Organisation
Sahaj Foundation aims to facilitate individuals in rural communities to live in harmony with their hearts to lead a peaceful and meaningful life. The idea is to work on creating a space that will help people come over the mental poverty that exists today on a vast scale.
About the Fellowship
Sahaj Foundation is pleased to announce ‘Disha Parivartan Fellowship’ to financially support social Leaders who are presently working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged sections of the Indian society residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country.
The objective of the Fellowship
To financially support early-stage Social Leaders who are working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged section of Indian Society, residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country.
The Fellowship aims to provide monthly support of Rs 10,000 for the individual’s daily sustenance for a period of minimum 2 years, provided he/she continues to work full-time on his/her initiative and is able to find a practical way to self-sustain post the fellowship.
Any Social Leader who is presently working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged section of the Indian society residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country, and who:
- Is engaged in his/her present social initiative full-time for minimum one year. The social initiative must be an original idea of the applicant and must be a non-profit.
- Is willing to work full time in his/her social initiative for the entire duration of the fellowship
- Envisions to promote a healthy value system, thereby encouraging compassion, social and economic equality, justice, secularism, co-operation etc
- Is able to provide details on how he/she is sustaining at the time of making the application
- Is able to provide a realistic plan of how he/she will become self-sustaining at the end of the fellowship to continue the work
- Is 22 years of age or older (Born on or before March 31, 1998)
The social leaders who have registered their own organization for their initiatives shall be given preference for the fellowship.
For the ones who have not registered their organization at the time of making an application for the fellowship, our team shall either ask them to register or try to understand their reasons for not filing a registration, just in case they have any ideological reasons for the same.
If the team finds mentioned ideological reasons satisfactory, it shall consider the application for the fellowship.
Who is not Eligible
- Any new project of an existing old organization
- Religious initiatives
- Research Studies
- Advocacy/lobbying initiatives
- Recipient of other similar fellowships
Application and Selection Process
Round 1: Application Form Screening
Round 2: Telephonic Interview
Round 3: Field Visit to understand the on-ground presence of the initiative
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
- Selection Process: January 1, 2020- March 31, 2020
- Fellowship Duration: April 2020 – March 2022 (2 Years)
- Consideration for 1-year extension: March 2022
- Extended Fellowship duration: April 2022 – March 2023 (1 Year)
Ashish Kumar (email@example.com) or call him on +91 88948 93083