CfP- Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL), Vol. 2 Issue I.
SUBMIT BY 15th August
About the Journal
Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is a double peer-reviewed quarterly law journal aimed at understanding the nexus of the three areas viz. Intellectual Property Rights Law, the legal custodian of any Innovation, Anti-Trust Laws which promote and encourage competition and IP and Information Law that binds the subject-matter of the other two laws. This journal aims to make an effort in identifying the key areas of Intellectual Property and Competition Law that coincide or overlap each other and yet remain complementary. There is huge scope for application of Intellectual Property and Anti-Trust Laws in India and therefore, this journal seeks to delve into academic research so in practice, a legitimate footing may be achieved. Information Era is the name synonymous to the Twenty-First century and it is indispensable to recognize that the basis of Intellectual Property happens to be application of the idea and exclusivity thereon while the object of Competition Law is also based on secretive information that may lead to collusive practices impacting free trade and desirable market conditions. Information is the key to power and therefore it is important to recognize the same and in support of this theory, this journal extends the scope of examination and inquiry to Information Law.
The submissions can be made under any of the following categories- Articles / Research Papers /Case Comments.
- Word Limit for each Category- 1. Research Papers– 5000-6000 words exclusive of footnotes. 2. Articles– 3000-5000 words exclusive of footnotes. 3. Case Comments– 2500-3000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Co-Authorship is permitted upto 2 authors.
- The contributors must adhere to the Bluebook 20th Edition citation format.
- All Articles & Research Papers must include an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The paper must conform to the following formatting guidelines:
- Title of the Paper – Times New Roman, Size 16, Bold.
- Sub-Title- Times New Roman, Size 12.
- Heading 1 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Bold.
- Heading 2 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Underlined.
- Heading 3 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Italics.
- Line Spacing- 1.5.
- Footnotes- Times New Roman, Size 10, Single Line Spacing.
- The submission must be accompanied with the Details of the author(s)(Title of the Submission, Name of the Author(s), Email Id, Phone & College/Affiliation, Programme Enrolled and Year of Study, Submission Category) mentioned in the Body of the Email.
- The name of the author(s) or affiliation should not appear in the word document containing the final submission.
- The submissions must be the original work of the Author(s). Any plagiarism will lead to outright rejection.
Author(s) are required to send their submissions at email@example.com in a word document format (.doc/.docx). The name of the document must be in the following format-
- Title of the Submission-Name of the Author.
- Submission must be made with the Subject of the e-mail as ‘Submission-Vol. 2, Issue 1 (JICIL)’.
- The paper must be submitted on or before 15th August, 2019, 11:59 pm to be considered for publication in the upcoming edition.
- The paper shall be evaluated by the Peer-Reviewers post-which the Expert Reviewers shall make the final call on the List of Papers selected.
- Author(s) of the shortlisted submissions will be notified regarding the review process.
FOR WEBSITE CLICK HERE
Any queries or clarifications may be addressed to-