Certification Course on International Law
Sui Juris Law Firm.
International law deals with relations between nations and states also known as the law of nations and is split into public international law, private international law and supranational law. International law deals with the legal interactions between nations, companies, or governments, assuring their proper rights. A study of the international legal rules considered binding on states and other international persons in their mutual relations is essential in the contemporary world. International law is founded primarily by state practices and customs. It is also referred to as the law of nations droit des gens.
Students of this course will be prepared to address topics such as state elements of liability for internationally wrongful conduct, state responsibility for dangerous activities, law treaties and negotiation practices, means of settling international economic disputes.
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- Online Video Lectures
- Course developed by learned academicians and practicing lawyers
- Study Material
- Audio Video Presentations along with Electronic material, which can be printed for references
- Assessment Sessions
- Detailed Case Study Videos
- Query Solving Videos
- Student Faculty Interaction
Students will get Certificate and Letter Head Report Card.
Assured Job Opportunity with top Firms like Seths & Associates and Sui Juris Law Firm(Supreme Court), based on performance.
DURATION – 5 Weeks
FEES – INR 2500
Next Batch: 1st Jan 2020
- Introduction- Nature, origin, and basis of International law,
- State Sovereignty
- Subjects of International Law, Reparations case
- Sources of International Law- International Conventions, International Customs, General Principles of Law recognized by the Civilized States, Decisions of Judicial or Arbitral Tribunals
- Relationship between Municipal law and International law- Monism and dualism, Specific Adoption Theory, Practice of States – British Practice, American Practice, and Indian Practice
- Recognition – Kinds of Recognition: De facto and de jure
- Theories of Recognition- Declaratory and Constitutive theory
- Recognition of Belligerency and Recognition of Insurgency
- Withdrawal of Recognition
- The United Nations- Principal organs and their powers and functions
- About Faculty
- Swati Singh Parmar has begun her academic career from Amity University, Lucknow as an Assistant Professor. After teaching at Amity University for more than two academic years she has joined Dharmashastra National Law University in the year 2018. Her area of interests include Public International Law, International Human Rights and Jurisprudence. She has been teaching Legal theory, Public International law, International Human Rights Jurisprudence, Law of International Organisations, International Humanitarian Law, International Refugee and Migration Law in LL.M. Course and Jurisprudence and Public International Law in B.A.LL.B. course.
She has been awarded ‘Gold Medal’ and ‘Excellence in knowledge creation -Award’ by Amity University, Uttar Pradesh for her performance during the LL.M. course.
Additionally, she has been awarded ‘A grade’ in ‘Green Revolution Global Certification Program’ supported by UNFCC. She has been awarded ‘A grade’ in ‘International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures(IDRC) India Program’ issued by Centre for United Nations.
She has published four book chapters and ten research articles in international research journals on issues relating to International Law. She has presented research articles at twenty one national and eleven international conferences. She is a member of International Society for Therapeutic Jurisprudence, Canada. She also is in the advisory board for Internationalism, a peer reviewed international journal in international law. Besides, she is a member of editorial board of five reputed research journals. She is a life member of Indian School of International Law, New Delhi.