The RMLNLU Law Review (hereinafter ‘The Journal’), is the annual student journal
published by the Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow. The RMLNLU Law Review runs parallel to the RMLNLU Law Journal on CMET (Communications, Media, Entertainment, and Technology).
After the huge success of the eight previous volumes, we are pleased to announce the call for papers for its Volume IX.
Call for Papers
The Journal accepts submissions from law students all over the country and abroad in
the form of:
- Case notes/comments
- Book Reviews
The submissions may be on any contemporary legal issue with a prescribed word limit
of 4000-5000 words (excluding the abstract and footnotes).
Each of these entries shall be required to conform to the set of guidelines that follow.
- The formatting shall be as per the following:
a. Font – Times New Roman
b. Font size – 12 pts.
c. Line spacing – 1.5
d. Margin – 1” from all sides.
a. Font – Times New Roman
b. Font size – 10 pts
c. Line Spacing – 1.0
d. All the sources in the footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance
with the latest OSCOLA (4 th edition) format. No endnotes or speaking
footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are allowed.
- The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Center Aligned. The title
should have the name(s) of the author(s), their course and college as first footnote(s).
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left aligned.
- An abstract of about 250-300 words should be mandatorily included in the same word
document as a part of the submission.
- The submission should be original and non-plagiarised. They should exhibit originality in
thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is
not allowed in “book reviews” and “case notes/comments”.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein
shall be the intellectual property of the Journal Committee, RMLNLU.
How to submit
- The submissions may be emailed to email@example.com in Microsoft Word
(.doc or .docx) format.
- The attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the
name(s) of the author(s).
- The subject title for the mail must be ‘Article/ Essay/ Case Comment/ Book Review for
- Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible.
In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered
- The deadline for submission of manuscipt is 15 September 2018, before 11:59 pm.
- The author(s) must send in the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain
all the relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation,
Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail
ID). A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be entertained.
In case of any queries, contact:
- Shrey Uttam: 9455868474
- Anushree Malviya: 8765336618
- Ahkam Khan: 7905726123