Call for Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law @ Nirma University: Submit by Oct 30
About the Organizer
Nirma University is a private university in Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India. It functions under the aegis of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation. Nirma University is a statutory university established under a state act.
The Journal of Intellectual Property Law is a peer-reviewed ISSN serial journal published by the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
It is the endeavour of the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights to become the beacon in the field of Intellectual Property Rights by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
About the Journal
Honouring the contributions of Late Professor Shamnad Basheer in the field of Creativity and IP, the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat hereby invites articles, research papers, comments, case studies, and book reviews on “Issues and Challenges to Copyright Law in the Digital era with special reference to the Film and Entertainment Industry” for publication in the 5th Issue of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Nirma University, for its 2019-20 volume.
The Sub-themes includes the following
- Copyright Law modifications for Digital Media
- Challenges posed by Digital Media Advancement to copyright law
- Online Digital Piracy: challenges posed to Copyright Law
- Application of Compulsory License provision to Digital Content
- Consumer behaviour vis-à-vis digital piracy and copyright infringement
- The Journal welcomes submissions from Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students from IP Law, Law and allied fields.
- The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal. Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately. Nirma University Law Journal is not to subject to any liability which may arise in this regard.
- Submission of work to the Journal of Intellectual Property Laws is indicative of the fact that the authors grant exclusive permission to JIPL to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
- The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out-rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
- A process of peer-review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the authors of selected papers will be notified of the results.
- JIPL welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2019-20 volume. The word limit for the abstract should between 350-500 words.
- The word limit for articles is 4,500 to 6,000 words including footnotes.
- The word limit for case notes and case comments is 3000 to 4000 words and the scope of inquiry may include analysis of recent case laws, legislations, policies or any recent issue.
- They also welcome reviews of books that have made a significant contribution to legal or academic scholarship in the field of Application of Copyright Law to the Film and Entertainment Industry. Successful submissions to this category will engage substantively with the ideas and themes explored in the book instead of merely
providing a summary of its main arguments.
- The word limit for a book review is 2500 to 3000 words.
- JIPL follows the Harvard Blue Book (20th edition) citation style.
- Entries can be co-authored however, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
- Only original work is invited and any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification of the paper.
- Last Date for Abstract Submission:September 18, 2019
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Abstract: September 21, 2019
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission: October 30, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance for Publication in Journal: November 4, 2019
Please send all submissions on this id: [email protected] Entries are to be sent latest by October 30, 2019 (11:59 pm).
Centre for IPR, Institute of Law, Nirma University, SG Highway, Ahmedabad
Contact Email: [email protected]
Gunjan Arora: [email protected], 9549043397
Taruna Jakhar: [email protected]