Call for Papers: Journal on Corporate Law and Governance by NLU Jodhpur [Vol 3, Issue 3]:
Submit by Oct 31
About the Organizer
National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur, Act, 1999 enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
Journal on Corporate Law and Governance is an annual journal issued by National Law University, Jodhpur. The Journal offers a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary issues in corporate law, both from an academic and industry perspective.
About the Call for Papers
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes submissions of original articles, comments and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume III, Issue II.
The broad theme of the Journal for Volume III Issue II is “Mounting Risks in the Current Corporate Governance Regime”.
- Cyber security: a view from the lens of Corporate Governance.
- Environment, Social and Governance standards: enhancing regulatory compliance burden on companies.
- Fiduciary duties of independent directors: need for corporate literacy?
- Country’s National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights (NAP).
- Law on upside sharing structures in India: taking away investors’ flexibility?
- Material financial relationships under SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018: a response to a spate of corporate failures?
- Role of Corporate Governance in limiting the liquidity in market.
- A turf war: between SEBI and Union: is SEBI’s autonomy undermined?
- Corporate Governance in Family Businesses.
- Ease of doing business: expectations from the Direct Tax Code, 2020.
- Shareholders activism as a tool for improving corporate governance.
Any other article on the general theme but outside the scope of the sub-themes is also welcome.
The Journal invites academicians, practitioners, students of law pursuing their LLB (Hons)/LLB/LLM from any recognized university to submit their entries.
- Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The acceptable length of Articles is between 4000-6000 words, and of Notes, Comments and Case Analysis is between 2500-4500 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- The Article should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing, justified and 1 inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors should conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission. The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 23:59 hours on October 31, 2019.
Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to journal.governance[at]gmail.com with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] –Volume III Issue II.”
The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)]-[Title of submission].”
All queries may be addressed to the Editorial Board at email@example.com or to the below mentioned –
Ms. Kavya Mathur(Editor-in-Chief): +91-9521692159 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Nitya Jain (Executive Editor): +91-9811353355 (email@example.com)