Call for Papers:
GGSIPU National Seminar on Litigating Equality: Are Human Rights Effective [Nov 11, Delhi]:
Submit by Oct 6
About the Organizer
Delhi Metropolitan Education is an ‘A’ grade premier educational institute affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi and approved by the Bar Council of India. The institute offers state of the art infrastructure with strong academic facilities to provide a dynamic and clinical grounds for success.
About the Seminar
Due to globalization the national states are forced to withdraw from certain areas meant for social welfare. The values of democracy and human rights are being suppressed. In this background Delhi Metropolitan Education Law School is organizing a one day National seminar on “Litigating Equality: Are Human Rights Effective?”
11th November, 2017
The Nelson Mandela Auditorium, Delhi Metropolitan Education, B 12, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
The focus of the conference is to discuss about Human Rights covering various different issues under the theme.
- Vulnerability faced by the aged and disabled people.
- Challenges for refugees and asylum seekers.
- The coerciveness of the institution of marriage and the violated women.
- International standards on security issues in conflict zones: Humanitarian Perspective.
- Child Trafficking and sexual abuse: Challenge to Human Rights in Modern India.
- AFSPA: Necessity or misused power.
- Human Rights violation faced by HIV/AIDS survivors.
- Preservation of cultural identities and sub-national groups.
- Conflict between IPR and Human Rights.
- Role of NGO’s in advocacy of Human Rights.
The above given topics are not restrictive, and are only for reference.
Any relevant topic is encouraged.
Call for Papers:
- Research papers are invited from Scholars, Researchers, Practitioners, Academicians and Students on issues related to the above theme.
- Authors of selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers in the conference.
- Joint authorship is permitted, subject to a maximum of one co-author.
The abstract must not exceed 300 words and should be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
- All authors need to register separately.
- In case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- The paper must be accompanied with the following details:
i) A Cover Letter – Mentioning Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of College/ University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable) with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
ii) Registration Form – Duly filled
iii) Copy of the scanned Demand Draft (Registration fees)
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0.
- One Inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words. (Including
- All submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word 2007/2010 (.doc) format
Method of Submission:
Abstracts and the Full paper have to be emailed to the following: [email protected]
After acceptance of the abstract, the full paper should also be sent to the same email-id.
- Deadline for Abstract submission : 6th October 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract : 10th October 2017
- Last Date for receiving payment : 16th October 2017 through DD/NEFT
- Submission of Full Paper : 30th October 2017
- Date of Conference : 11th November 2017
- Students: Rs. 500
- Academicians/ Lawyers/ Research Scholars: Rs. 1000
- Co-Author: Rs. 500 (Additional)
- Participant/Observer: Rs. 200.
Ms. Navjot Suri (Convener), Assistant professor Law,
Email: [email protected]