Call for Blogs by Legal Aid Cell, Dharmashastra National Law University
About the Institution
Vidhi Mitra, The Legal Aid Cell, Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur was
established in the year 2018. Its aim is to make the legal system and justice more accessible to the
general public and create awareness amongst the people about the contemporary legal issues and
established rights of the people.
About the Blog
The Vidhi Mitra Blog is aimed to provide an active forum to the legal fraternity to express and
share their experiences and opinions on contemporary legal issues and themes prescribed by the
The Editorial Board of the Blog is inviting articles, case notes, blog posts, book reviews and
discussion within the aim and scope of the subject matter, i.e., International Criminal Law.
The Blog is open to any topic which revolves around “International Criminal Law” or any other
contemporary legal issue(s).
- Evolution of International Criminal Law from Nuremberg to The Hague
- Introduction of criminal liability in new areas of law
- International crimes – war crimes, Genocide, Crimes against Humanity, Torture, Terrorism
- Complexity in defining Jurisdiction
- The value and degree of deterrence in International Criminal Justice
- Correlation of International Criminal Law and Human Rights
- Role of victims of crimes in transitional justice processes
- Gaining custody of the accused: extradition, luring, abduction, and targeted killing
- The role of other bodies of UN in promoting criminal justice
- The absence of statutory limitations for certain crimes in international law
- The forgotten role of Anti-Slavery in the development of International Criminal Justice
• The author may choose one or more sub-themes for his/her manuscript.
• The article should be an original work of the author and neither published nor under
consideration for publication in any other journal or blog. The work must not be
• Co-authorship (limited to 2 authors) is allowed.
• The Word Limit for, Articles: 2500-3500 words; Case Notes: 1000-2000 words; Book
Review: 1500-2500 words; Blog: 1000-1500 words. Manuscripts above the prescribed
word limit shall not be considered as a general rule, except under special circumstances
subject to the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. In case author(s) want(s) to roll out a
series of blogs, the decision on the word limit shall be taken by editorial board accordingly.
• All submissions should be typed in font Times New Roman with heading size 14, font size
12, line spacing 1.5′; justified.
• The submissions should be made online in a MS Word format document to:
[email protected] mentioning the details of the author(s), the category of the
manuscript and the sub-theme(s).
The Bluebook, a Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.) is to be followed for citation. All endnotes
must be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single-spacing and justified text.
The last date for all the submissions will be 25th July, 2020.
In the case of any queries, contact at: [email protected]
Abhinav Jena: +91 7327097374
Ashutosh Khandelwal: +91 8909507047
For Official Notification, click here.
For blogs more details click here.
LawOF is the emerging portal for Law Students & Teachers