“How to Win Friends and Influence People” BY
Aswin Kumar Bairagi
School of Law, Galgotias Univrsity
This book must need to be read by all the students in law specially. When I was in 1 st year in my law school, the pressure was not that much I bought this book. I thought that the main job of a good lawyer is “how can able to deal with people”. I bought that book and started to study that book.
This book taught me a huge lesson regarding arguments, a important thing of life. Some important points I want to mention from this book
- Principle 1: The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Principle 2: Show respect for the other person’s & opinions. Never say, You’re wrong.
- Principle 3: If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Principle 4: Begin in a friendly way.
- Principle 5: Get the other person saying, “yes, yes” immediately.
- Principle 6: Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Principle 7: Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Principle 8: Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Principle 9: Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Principle 10: Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Principle 11: Dramatize your ideas.
- Principle 12: Throw down a challenge.
- Principle 13: Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Principle 14: Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Principle 15: Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Principle 16: Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Principle 17: Let the other person save face.
- Principle 18: Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Principle 19: Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Principle 20: Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Principle 21: Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Among all my books I really love this book for the principals discussed which really helps to make life easy.
This Book Review was prepared or accomplished by Aswin Kumar Bairagi (Student BALLB), School of Law, Galgotias Univrsity in his personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the LawOF.in
The Contents of this Website are informative only and for the benefit of the general public. Even though every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of information and procedure, the www.lawof.in is not responsible for any inadvertent errors and the same may please be brought to the notice through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The LawOF do not own any responsibility for the views expressed by the Author in the Article and for the errors, if any, in the information contained in the LawOF and the author shall be solely responsible for the same.