8th RMLNLU SCC Online International Media Law Moot Court @ RMLNLU, Lucknow [Feb 28 – March 1]: Register by Nov 15
About the Organizers
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University was established in 2005 by the State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh and came into existence in 2006 with the objective to encourage and disseminate legal knowledge.
In 1996, Eastern Book Company became the first Indian legal publisher to bring out a legal database on CD-Rom called the SCC Online (Supreme Court Case Finder). It was quickly adopted by the legal fraternity and became the choice of research for Supreme Court case laws.
About the Moot
The Moot Court Committee, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow is organising the 8th edition of the RMLNLU SCC Online International Media Law Moot Court Competition, 2020 to be organised in Lucknow from February 28 – March 1, 2020.
The RMLNLU SCC Online International Media Law Moot Court Competition was launched in 2013 with the objective of creating a platform for testing the legal acumen and potential of law students globally. For over a decade, RMLNLU SCC Online International Media Law Moot Court Competition has served as a unique platform for law students to explore nuances of international media law and hone their research and advocacy skills.
Eligibility and Team Composition
- Students pursuing the three or five-year courses of the LL.B. degree or its equivalent in the academic year 2019 – 2020 from any recognized law school/college/university in India/Abroad are eligible to participate.
- Any recognized law school/college/university shall be entitled to send only 1 (one) team to the Competition.
- The participating team shall comprise a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In a team of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member of the team shall be designated as a Researcher.
- No additional member or team coach is allowed to accompany the team.
For the registration form, click here.
- The Institutions should provisionally register themselves by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by November 15, 2019 (23:59 hrs IST).
- Institutions must complete their final registration by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, latest by December 10, 2019 (23:59 hrs IST). The e-mail should include a scanned copy of the duly filled registration form.
- The information regarding the Registration Fee, Payment Detail and Travel Form shall be intimated to the participants upon clearing the Memorial Knockout.
Accommodation & Food and Transportation
- Accommodation shall be provided to all teams by the Organisers from the morning of February 28, 2020, to the evening of March 1, 2020. Teams who intend to arrive prior to or leave after the specified dates are required to inform the Organizing Committee in advance.
- Food and Transportation to and from the venue shall be provided to all the teams for the aforementioned duration.
- Teams should send their travel plan, as and when asked by the Organizing Committee, once the Payment Receipt has been submitted and the registration is completed.
Participating teams may request for clarifications to the official moot problem by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by December 10, 2019 (23:59 hrs IST). A full list of clarifications shall be released by December 20, 2019.
Harsh Singh (Jt. Convener, Moot Court Committee): +91 90444 15269
Punya Mehrotra (Jt. Secretary, Moot Court Committee): +91 97171 44266
Shaurya Rohit (Jt. Secretary, Moot Court Committee): +91 77060 60591