3RD SURANA & SURANA INTERNATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION ON ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY LAW BY UPES SCHOOL OF LAW, DEHRADUN.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE-JULY 31.
UPES SCHOOL OF LAW, DEHRADUN, INDIA IN COLLABORATION WITH SURANA & SURANA INTERNATIONAL ATTORNEYS, CHENNAI is going to organize 3RD SURANA & SURANA INTERNATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION ON ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY LAW, 2019. (Last date for submission is July 31, 2019.)
- The competition is open to students who are pursuing their five-year integrated course of Law/ LL.B./ LL.M./ Ph.D./ M.Phil. or any other undergraduate/ post-graduate/ doctoral course (other than Law) in any university across the world.
- If any student of UPES is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top 3 prizes, but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION
Environmental Pollution and Sustainable Development
- The Menace of Pollution- Air, Water, Land, Space, et al- Efficacious Legal Framework to Curb it at the National/International Level
- Revisiting and Drafting of the National Policies and Legal Framework for Emerging Waste as hazard to Environment: Role and Responsibility of MNCs and Companies vis-à-vis Sustainable Development
- The Developed and Developing Countries’ Approach to Combat Environmental Pollution from the Perspective of Sustainable Development: Gaps and Measures
- Renewables & Alternate Energy Resources as Means to Contain Impact of Pollution on Fauna, Flora & Human Beings
- Evolution of Germany as a Clean Energy Global Superpower – Learnings for India
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The author(s) shall register and submit the essays through the following link
FOR SUBMISSION LINK CLICK HERE
The author(s) must also upload either:
- a scanned copy of the identity card (in case of co-author, both the documents must be scanned in the same file); or
- scanned copy of a bona fide certificate establishing the affiliation to the institution under the signature and seal of the head of the institution.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. Submissions, both as co-author and single, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the competition.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- The essays will be put through a plagiarism test and further assessed by the jury. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. Neither UPES SoL nor Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism.
- The participants must not disclose their identity in any part of the essay, failing which, they will be disqualified.
LENGTH OF THE ESSAY
- The word limit for the essay (including footnotes) is 4000 words.
- The submission of essay must be in one single .doc/.docx format file that shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- The length of the abstract should not be more than 200 words including the title and keywords.
- The footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequately to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font size: 12 points
- Font: Times New Roman.
- Line spacing: 1.5 interlinear space.
- A footer numbering pages as “page x of y” on the right side of each page.
Deadline for submission July 31, 2019
Result declaration September 30, 2019
- First prize: 25,000 INR
- Second prize: 20,000 INR
- Third prize: 10,000 INR
- Consolation prizes: 1,000 INR each for 12 select essays.
The names of the winners will be displayed on UPES website. Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winners. The winners will be given the prizes in the prize distribution ceremony (schedule will be shared later). The certificate of participation will be awarded to all participants.
Top 15 selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN number. The list of the selected papers will be displayed on UPES website.
Ms. Shruti Reddy
Ms. Parul Sinha (+91 8265939396)
Ms. Apoorva Sinha (+91 9559992190) & Ms. Nutan Keswani (+91 7302195244
FOR EMAIL-: email@example.com
FOR WEBSITE CLICK HERE
FOR POSTER: CLICK HERE
FOR BROCHURE: CLICK HERE