3rd National Seminar on “Compass & Conundrum of Commercial Law ”
@ Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies [Oct 31]:
Submit by Oct 23
About the organizer
THE BHS Managing Committee was established in 1942 by a group of eminent educationists and philanthropists and was registered as a non-profit body dedicated to the cause of education Its first concern was to concentrate on programmes essential for educating young boys and girls in Bangalore. Thus, Secondary and Pre-University course which form the basic foundation for employment and career opportunities were given prominence in the beginning.
As a part of the diversification plan, Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies was established at Jayanagar in 1993 and is now housed in an Independent building in the Basavanagudi Campus. Vijaya Pre Univerisity College, RV Road, Basavanagudi Bangalore -4 has been carved out from Vijaya College as per the Government Policy in June 2011.
About the conference
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is organising its 3rd National Seminar on Compass and Conundrum of Commercial Law on 31st October 2019.
Of late, commercial law, popularly referred to as Corporate or Business Law, has acquired a great niche in the Indian legal regime. Both the academia and profession are sparing no efforts to unravel the aura surrounding it and unleash the vast potential it possesses.
Until recently, public law comprising the Constitutional and Administrative law, inter alia, and the civil and criminal matters, formed the Kernel of the legal profession. Although other areas were disseminated to the students in law schools, most of them worshipped the aforementioned subjects.
But it was discernible, to borrow a leaf from the work of the celebrated jurist Sir Henry Maine, that “the movement of all the progressive legal systems has hitherto been from public law to commercial law”.
Call for papers
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies cordially invites Law Students, to submit their Research Papers for the National Seminar on Compass and Conundrum of Commercial Law.
The competition is open for students who are studying III Year LL.B and V Year integrated LL.B course during the current academic year. The College/University must be affiliated to the Bar Council of India.
The Abstract along with the duly filled Registration Form should be submitted through e-mail only. The e-mail id for seminar related queries and submissions are firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hard copy of the Full paper (TWO COPIES) along with the Registration Form along with a photocopy of NEFT transaction details should be delivered to the organizers (BILS) on or by 23rd of October 2019.
The Soft Copy of the full paper must be E-mailed on 23rd October 2019.
- E-Commerce and Law
- The Corporate and Legal nuances of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Company Law and Indian markets
- Economic crimes and legal regime
- International Trade Law and World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Indian legal regime
- Banking Law and regulation in India
- The role and significance of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)
- Commercial disputes and Arbitration
- Limited Liability Partnership
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Vijaya College Campus, R. V. Road, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004, India.
For the registration form, click here.
- The Registration fee is Rupees 500/- per person per paper to be paid in NEFT.
- The registration fee needs to be remitted to “The Principal, Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies” through NEFT. The NEFT Transaction details are given below.
- The participants are required to fill the NEFT details in the Registration Form and also attach a scanned copy of the NEFT Acknowledgement along with the Abstract and Registration Form.
- A hard copy of NEFT Acknowledgment is to be sent along with the Hard copy of the final paper.
Name of the beneficiary: Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
Account Number: 04752200006479
Bank: Syndicate Bank
|Last date of Registration, Payment and Abstract submission.||12th October 2019|
|Full paper submission (Soft Copy and Hard Copy)||23rd October 2019|
|Date of Presentation||31st October 2019|
Faculty-In-Charge: Prof. Pavan V
Number: 080 2693 3227
Ms. Pallavi: +91 9986266278
Mr. Deepak M: +91 7411091726