3rd National Moot Court Competition at University of North Bengal, Siliguri [Feb 22-23, 2020]:
Register by Jan 5, 2020
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The University of North Bengal was established by an Act of the Legislature of West Bengal in 1962 with the mission “to encourage and provide for instruction for teaching, training and research in various branches of learning and course of study; to promote advancement and dissemination of knowledge and learning and to extend higher education to meet the growing needs of society.”
The Department of Law was formerly known as the University College of Law and was established as such in the year 1974. It was upgraded as the department of Law in the year 2000.
ABOUT THE MOOT
The 3rd National Moot Court Competition is organised by the Department of Law, University of North Bengal.
Dates: 22nd and 23rd February 2020
Students pursuing 3 years/5 years undergraduate LL.B. degree course are eligible to participate in this competition. Only one team can participate in each institution.
Composition of the participating teams shall be:
- Each team shall consist of three (3) members. Two designated as a speaker and one as a researcher.
- The researcher may be permitted to argue as speaker only in case of illness or any unforeseen event, but written permission of the Moot Court Convener in such case shall be mandatory.
LOCATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW
The Department of Law is prominently situated on National Highway 31 between Bagdogra and Siliguri in the District of Darjeeling. The distance from Bagdogra is six kilometres and from Siliguri is seven kilometres. The Department has its own campus in the south Block of the North Bengal University.
For the registration form, click here.
The team should register provisionally by sending e-mail to mcs.nbu.2019[at]gmail.com by 5th day of January 2020 with the subject “Registration for National Moot Court Competition, 2020”.
A soft copy of duly filled in the Registration form shall be mailed at mcs.nbu.2019[at]gmail.com.
On reporting at the Department during the competition each team has to pay registration fee (as mentioned in the Registration fee clause) along with the hard copy of the Registration Form (the scanned copy of the Registration form has to be sent on or before 5th January 2020 via mail to email@example.com as a provisional registration).
Registration for each team is Rs. 4000 (With Accommodation) and Rs. 2000 (Without Accommodation).
- Last date of provisional registration by sending a scanned copy of Registration Form and Travel & Accommodation form: 5th January 2020.
- Last date of Seeking Clarification: 10th January 2020.
- Date of intimation of Team Codes: 27th January 2020
- Last Date of Sending the soft Copies of Memorials: 1st February 2020.
- Last Date on which the Hard Copies of Memorials must reach Department of Law: 10th February 2020.
- Date of Competition: 22nd and 23rd February 2020.
Any query relating to the moot court competition or relating to travel and accommodation shall be asked by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, participants are free to contact the following student co-ordinators, if required:
- Rituraj Bhowal (8101195170)
- Shivam Jaiswal (8918270937)
- Dr. Priya Roy (945539673)
- Dr. Dipankar Debnath (9932906953)