1st NUJS Legal Aid Society Essay Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 15K]: Register by Feb 22
About the NUJS Legal Aid Society
The Legal Aid Society of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata is a student-run committee whose objective is to promote preventive legal aid by promoting awareness about the laws through legal education. Through its various projects, the NUJS Legal Aid Society seeks to undertake remedial, activist and reformative functions.
About the essay competition
In order to promote awareness building about the dynamic nature of law, we believe it is imperative to indulge in producing argumentative literature on emerging legal questions. This essay competition seeks to encourage literary and scholarly discussions on contemporary legal themes of paramount importance.
All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, academicians and working professionals are eligible for participation.
1. The future of rights-based litigation in India
2. Right to Privacy in India: Issues and Challenges
3. Religion and the law: The Sabarimala debate
1. The essay must be written in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5. All footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Single Line Spacing.
2. Sources should be adequately acknowledged. There is no prescribed citation standard but citations must be uniform.
3. The essay should not exceed 3000 words, exclusive of footnotes.
4. Only soft copy submission of the essay is required.
5. Essays should be mailed to [email protected] The email should include the full name of the author(s), institutional affiliation, course and year of study (only for students).
6. The deadline for submission of the essay is February 28, 2019.
Registration fees are as follows:
1. Single author: Rs 300
2. Two authors: Rs 500
3. Three authors: Rs 600
The registration fee can be sent through Paytm at 9875442393 or Google Pay at [email protected] by February 22, 2019. ‘NUJS LAS’ should be mentioned while making the payment.
The screenshot of the payment must be mailed to [email protected] by February 23, 2019.
1st prize: Rs 7500 and merit certificate
2nd prize: Rs 5000 and merit certificate
3rd prize: Rs 2500 and merit certificate
The authors of the top 5 essays will be offered research opportunities with the NUJS Legal Aid Society.
Digital participation certificates shall be provided to all students and professionals who take part in the competition.
For any queries, kindly contact us at [email protected]