1st ILS National Essay Writing Competition on Competition Law, 2019: [Prizes worth Rs. 10K]
DEADLINE EXTENDED TILL 7 NOV, 2019.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION AND COMPETITION
Post the privatization era of 1991, competition law as an area of law has grown in leaps and bounds. With the ever-growing presence of business conglomerates like Google, Reliance etc. competition law now is more relevant than ever.
The Competition Law Cell was incorporated in the year 2016 by some like-minded people who felt the need to introduce and engage the students of the college in the field of competition law. The Competition Act, 2002 replaced the old Monopolies Restrictive Trade Practices Act, in order to promote dynamic, productive and economic efficiency and to prevent practices that have an adverse effect on competition in the market.
Gaggar & Partners is a full-service law firm, having the principal office in New Delhi. It was established with an aim to provide a one-stop solution to their clients by delivering comprehensive, pragmatic and quality legal services. They pride themselves in bringing about an invaluable synergy of 5 decades of experience of the Senior Partners accompanied with the energy and focus of the new generation. Along with a deep foundation in the general laws that affect any business (whether private or government) they also focus extensively into niche areas of developing laws (New Age Economic Legal Issues) such as Cyber, Gaming, Anti-Trust & Competition, White Collar Crimes (including Money Laundering) and Regulatory Verticals such as the Real Estate Regulatory Act, Environment, Intellectual Property etc
In furtherance of this goal, the Competition Law cell is organizing its 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2019 in collaboration with the esteemed law firm, Gaggar and Partners.
This is a one of a kind opportunity for students interested in this niche area of law to not only broaden their knowledge about the law but also grab lucrative cash prizes and an internship with Gaggar and Partners. The deadline for the same is 7th November 2019
The competition is open to all students enrolled in an undergraduate program both 5-year integrated program or 3-year law program or postgraduate law degree from any recognized university/college/Institution in India.
- All essays must be submitted in English Language only.
- Word Limit- 3000 words (Exclusive of Footnotes & Abstract).
- Abstract – Not exceeding 250 words.
- Body-Font Style- Times New Roman, Size– 12 and Line Spacing– 1.5, Alignment– Justified.
- Citation Format – Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition.
- Footnotes –Font Style –Times New Roman, Size– 10, Line Spacing– 1, Alignment– Justified.
- Page Margin – 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Essay must be submitted only in a Word Doc.(doc./docx.) format.
- For maintaining anonymity, the name of the author/institution should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- All essays must be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to outright disqualification.
- Essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified
1st Prize– Cash prize of INR 5,000/- (Five thousand rupees), Certificate of merit & and an Internship opportunity with Gaggar and Partners.
2nd Prize– Cash prize of INR 3,000/- (Three thousand rupees) & Certificate of merit.
3rd Prize – Cash prize of INR 2,000/- (Two thousand rupees) & Certificate of merit.
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact any of the undersigned:
- Ashna Chhabra, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile: 91+9811799637.
- Vivek Sharma, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile: 91+8898604285.
- Soham Bhalerao, Student Member, ILS Competition Law Cell, Mobile:91+8888735579.
For further details, click here.
For official Notification, click here