1st IDIA Jharkhand Essay Competition by
NUSRL, Ranchi: Register by Oct 26
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
National University of Study and Research in Law is a law university located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It was established by a legislative act, by the State of Jharkhand as the fourteenth National Law University of India.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA)
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) started out as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, the movement seeks to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education.
ABOUT THE ESSAY COMPETITION
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL) is organizing the 1st edition of Annual essay writing competition in the memory of a great legal luminary Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, founder of IDIA.
With this very first edition of the competition, this competition is aimed to provide a pedestal to law students across different law schools of the country to express their view and get their opinion heard about the contemporary developments happening in constitutional Law.
- Federalism revisited
- Adjudicating polycentric problems
- Rise of demosprudence citizenship
The competition is open for students pursuing their undergraduate from any college and university in the law school tapestry. The essay can be written by a maximum of 2 co-authors. Any number more than the provided one shall lead to disqualification.
- Justice Vikramaditya- Rtd Judge Jharkhand High Court (Experts in constitutional law)
- Advocate Anas Tanweer Siddiqi: (RMLNLU Graduate, currently practicing in Supreme Court of India)
- Ayesha Jamal: Alumumus Jindal Global law school (Associate, Senior Advocate Salman Khurshid)
- Dr. Rabindra Pathak: (Assistant Professor NUSRL)
- Dr. Afkar Ahmed: (Assistant Professor, UPES)
- Advocate Khalida Haya Rashmi: (Alumumus NUSRL, currently practicing in Jharkhand High Court)
- Arushi Alka Bajpai: Alumnus University of Kent, England
- More than one entry per author(s) shall lead to disqualification. Co-authorship up to 2 authors is allowed.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of the essay should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or contest elsewhere.
- Participant code will be assigned to every participant. The participant code shall serve as an identification code for all communication with the organizers post the registration. There should not be any other identification mark apart from the team code on the cover page of the essay.
- Participation is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students across law schools.
- The submissions have to be mailed to [email protected]
- The last date to submit is 10th November 2019.
- Single Author: Rs. 200
- Co-Author: Rs. 250 (Two maximum)
MODE OF PAYMENT
For BHIM: [email protected] (Afsar Raza)
For Phonepay/G-pay/Paytm: 9852421264
Bank Name: Bank of India
Account No.: 590010110003309
IFSC Code: BKID00005900
Branch: NUSRL Campus Kanke Ranchi
Account Holder Name: Afsar Raza
E-mail: [email protected]
Satyabhama Kaushikei (Deputy team Leader IDIA): 7258946027