12th GNLU International Moot Court Competition
@Gujarat National Law University,Gandhinagar [Feb 12-16, 2020 ; Prizes worth Rs. 1L]:
Register by Nov 25
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
The GNLU International Moot Court Competition (GIMC) was launched in 2009 with the objective of creating a platform for testing the legal acumen and potential of law students globally. For over a decade, GIMC has served as a unique platform for law students to explore nuances of international trade law and hone their research and advocacy skills.
In continuation of the legacy and with an aim to set higher standards to test the legal acumen, research and oratory skills of the participating teams, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar cordially invites you to the 12th edition GIMC, scheduled to be held from February 12 – 16, 2020.
This edition’s moot problem highlights contemporary legal challenges and focuses on procedural aspects of WTO litigation, primarily focusing on the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade and General Agreement on Trade in Services.
The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an undergraduate/postgraduate law course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized College/ Institution/ University.
Each Team shall comprise of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members.
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
Registration & Fees
- The registration fee is INR 5,000 per Team.
- Indian teams may make payment by Demand Draft or Online Transfer using the link here.
- Foreign teams may make payment by Bank Transfer according to the procedure provided in the Rules of the Competition.
- Last day for provisional registration: November 25, 2019
- Last day for registration and completion of all formalities: January 10, 2020
- Last day to apply for clarifications regarding the Moot Problem: November 15, 2019
- Clarifications, if any, to be published: December 2, 2019
- Last day for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission: January 19, 2020
- Last day for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submission: January 23, 2020
- Dr. Girish R., Faculty Convenor at email@example.com, +91-81286 50806.
- Mr. Rohan Merchant, Student Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-98241 51770;
- Ms. Yashi Saraswat, Student Convenor at email@example.com, +91-98982 38740;
- Ms. Anushka Sinha, Student Co-Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-81412 07125;
- Mr. Devarsh Kotak, Student Coordinator (Logistics) at email@example.com, +91-97392 20275
- Ms. Shubhangi Singh, Student Coordinator (Communications) at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-99048 98812.
The Official Schedule of the Competition is available here.
The Registration Form for the moot is available here.
The Moot Problem is available here.
The Rules of the Competition are available here.
For more information, please visit our official website.