Vacancy: Teaching Positions (Law)
@ Manipur University, Imphal:
Deadline July 6
About the organisation
Manipur University was established on 5 June 1980, under the Manipur University Act 1980, as a teaching-cum-affiliating university at Imphal with territorial jurisdiction over the state of Manipur. It was converted into a Central University w.e.f. 13 October 2005.
Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
Number of Vacancies
Associate Professor: 1 (one)
Assistant Professor: 4 (four)
Manipur University, Indo Myanmar Road, Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur 795003, India
- A good academic record, with a PhD Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of the official notification.
Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a PhD Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
- Provided, the candidates registered for the PhD programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The PhD degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
- The PhD thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
- An open PhD viva voce of the candidate has been conducted.
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her PhD work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal.
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her PhD work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
The PhD degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE) or
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) for Universities, and Appendix II (Table 3B) for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
How to apply
Application fee of Rs. 1000/- for UR & OBC candidates and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates has to be remitted through RTGS/NEFT to State Bank of India, Manipur University Branch, Canchipur, Imphal India on Account No. 35870889269 & IFSC: SBIN0005320.
The duly filled application form complete in all respects along with relevant documents and proof of fee submission must reach to The Registrar, Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal – 795003, preferably through speed post/registered post on/before 6th July 2019.
Those in service should apply through proper channel.
The candidates who had applied earlier for the posts against the Advt. No. 2/2013 dated 30/11/2013, Advt. No. 3/2014, dated 31.10.2014, Advt. No. 1/15 dated 18.01.2016, Advt. No. 2 dated 15.03.2016 and Advt. No. 3 dated 21.07.2016 and Advt. No.4/17 dated 07.06.2017 have to update their bio-data in the new application format without a fee. UGC Regulation 2018 will be followed.