Two-Days National Seminar on Empowerment of Tribal Women @ NLIU, Bhopal [March 7-8]:
Submit by Feb 20
About the Organisation
National Law Institute University is a law school and centre for research located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the State of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the first three law schools to have been established under the National Law School system.
About the Seminar
The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (M.P.) aims to organize a two-day National Seminar on Empowerment of Tribal Women in India: Issues, Challenges and Perspectives from 7th – 8th March 2020. The event is sponsored by National Commission for Women, New Delhi and will provide a platform to discuss and deliberate on the issues and perspectives related to the mainstreaming of tribal women in India.
The Seminar is inviting applications from academicians, researchers, NGO representatives, government functionaries, research institutes and others working for the mainstreaming of tribal women in India.
Call for Papers
Selected papers will be published after due consultation with National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
The participants will be required to register for the seminar once their abstract is selected. The registration fee for the seminar will be as follows:
Academicians & Others: Rs. 1000/-
Students: Rs. 500/-
- A/C Holder Name: Director, National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- Bank Name and Branch: Dena Bank, T.T. Nagar Branch, Bhopal
- Bank A/C Number: 062510005196
- IFSC Code Number: BKDN0810625
Registration Fee is to be deposited/credited through Net Banking/NEFT/RTGS. Please note that individual registration is required in case of co-authorship. Please also send the proof of bank transaction.
- Last Date for Abstract submission: 31st January 2020
- Communication regarding the selection of the abstract: 7th February 2020
- Last Date for Registration: 15th February 2020
- Last Date for submission of full paper: 20th February 2020
- Customary Laws and Tribal Women
- Gender injustice and Human Rights of Tribal Women
- Tribal Women and Forest-based Economy
- Panchayat Raj Institutions and Tribal Women
- Education, Health and Malnutrition in Tribal India
- Multiculturalism and Tribal Women
In addition to the above main themes of the seminar, the participants are free to present papers on any other theme related to the issues and challenges of tribal women in India.
Participants are required to arrange for travel and accommodation on their own. However, limited accommodations at the University Guest House and Convention Centre can be availed on advance payment, on first come and sharing basis. Food shall be served at the venue of the seminar.
12 AC rooms (double occupancy) for Rs 500/- per person
4 Non AC rooms (double occupancy) for Rs 250/- per person
6 AC Rooms (double occupancy) for Rs 750/- per person
2 AC Rooms (triple occupancy) for Rs 700/- per person
4 Non AC Rooms (triple occupancy) for Rs 350/- per person
- An abstract of not more than 300 words mentioning the objectives and methodology of writing the paper with 5 – 6 keywords shall have to be provided.
- The final paper shall be between 3000-6000 words.
- All submissions shall be in MS Word format (.doc or .docx) in Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and double spaced, footnote: size 10 and single-spaced.)
- Mode of Citation: For Law Professionals and Students – 20th Bluebook Citation; For Others – APA Citation.
- Co-authorship up to 2 authors is permitted.
- Submission of the abstract & full paper shall be made to the Organising Secretary at email@example.com.
- The Paper or any part thereof should not have been published earlier. Any incidence of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the entry.
- Submission of the full paper is mandatory for paper presentation at the Seminar.
Dr. Raka Arya: +919039012421 (Convener)
Dr. Bir Pal Singh: +919993168713 (Organizing Secretary)
Niharika Shukla: +919406844206 (Student Convener)
Vidhi Pratap Singh: +917089295044 (Student Co-Convener)