Two-Days International Seminar on Law, Religion & Governance
@ Amity University, Lucknow [Feb 13-14]:
Register by Jan 5
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Amity University, Lucknow Campus is a part of India’s leading educational group with a legacy of excellence spanning over two decades and campuses spread across the world.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
The interface between religion, law and governance is increasingly coming under critical scrutiny today. It has always occupied a prominent position in the development of human society.
Religion and law are like two facets of governance both having different specifications but serving the common end. In order to debate and deliberate on the relevance, usefulness and importance of law, religion and governance Amity Law School, Lucknow Campus is organising a two-day International Seminar on Law, Religion & Governance: Issues & Challenges on 13th February-14th February 2020
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students
The Seminar will open avenues for interactive sessions and focused group discussions. Each session will be chaired by eminent resource persons and the mode of presentation by the participants should be oral/powerpoint presentation.
Law, Religion and Liberties – International Scenario
- The Israel-Palestine Issue: Influence of Religion as a Constitutional Disruption
- Democratic backsliding, Politics of Misinformation and Binary Politics in Europe
- The Moral Complex of Religious Issues in the United States
- The Foundations of Indian and Western Secularism
- International practices with respect to governance
Secularism in India – Binary effect with Judiciary and Constitution
- The Inclusive Nature and Structure of Indian Secularism: The Ayodhya Dispute
- Constitutional Redemption on Issues of Religious Liberties
- Constitutional Controversies over Religious Liberty
- Judicial intervention in religious affairs
- Secularism in the era of globalization
Trans- Religious and Political Governance in India – A Social Insight
- Role of identity politics to shape cyber governance
- The impact of Judicial Activism and Constraint over Religious Issues
- Changing the paradigm of governance & religion
- Law, religion and liberty of Conscience
- Religion & Politics
- Any other relevant topics.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS
- The abstract should not be more than 300 words and a maximum of 5 (five) relevant keywords.
- Full paper –3000 words minimum excluding references and footnoting (Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, Latest Edition).
- Abstract & Full Paper is to be submitted as soft copy only in MS Word format (Typed in Times New Roman, 14-point
- Heading and 12-point normal text with 1.5 spacing & 10 points with 1.0 spacing for footnotes).
- A separate MS Word file should be submitted containing the article title, followed by author’s name, affiliation, communication address, E-mail and phone details.
- A declaration waiving the copyright by the author and stating that all submissions are original and bona fide work of the author.
- No part of the submitted paper should contain any form of identification of the author or any such information if found would lead to disqualification.
- Only1 (one) co-author is permitted.
- All papers (abstract and full) must be submitted email@example.com the subject name: “AMITY LKO 2019 SEMINAR – TITLE OF PAPER – AUTHOR’S NAME”.
- Papers will be submitted to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Last date for Registration: 05th January 2020
- Receipt of Abstract & Author’s details via e-mail till 15th December 2019 (23:59 hrs.) to email@example.com
- Last date for full paper submission via e-mail: 05th January 2020(23:59 hrs.).
The registration fee for:
Professional participants: Rs. 2,000 /-
Research Scholars/ Students participants: Rs. 1,500 /-
Students Participants/ Research Scholars of Amity University, Lucknow Campus: Rs. 1,000 /-
- Bank Name: Axis Bank Ltd
- Account Name: AMITY UNIVERSITY, UTTAR PRADESH
- Account Number: 053010100284066
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000053
- Bank Address: Main Branch, Hazratganj, Lucknow, 226001
- Phone Number: 0522-4152000
ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL
Accommodation will be provided on first come first serve basis A travel allowance will not be provided to any of the participants.
Viplav Banerjee: 9559270420
Riya Pundir: 7607618875