Seminar on Impact of Islamic Law in the Contemporary Indian Legal System
@ Aliah University, Kolkata [Feb 25]:
Submit by Feb 1
About the Organisations
Aliah University, Kolkata, formerly known as Mohammedan College of Calcutta, is an Autonomous University located in Kolkata city of West Bengal. The Aliah University (AU) is one of the oldest modern-style educational institutes in Asia, and first in India. It was set up in October 1780 by Warren Hastings, the British Governor-general of East India Company in Calcutta.
The Council on Legal Studies, New Delhi was established under aegis of Centre for Study and Research, Hyderabad in the year 2015.
About the Event
The Department of Law, Aliah University, Kolkata in association with Council on Legal Studies, New Delhi is organizing a National Level Seminar to address the issue of influence of Islamic law on legal systems all around the world.
Department of Law, 17 Gora Chand Road, Aliah University, Park Circus Campus, Kolkata: 700014 West Bengal, India.
Registration Procedure & Fees
Participants willing to attend the National Seminar should fill the Registration Form and submit it by February 15, 2020, the filled-in registration form should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com). The registration form can also be collected and deposited in the office of the Department of Law, Aliah University.
Registration Fees can only be paid in cash at the Registration Desks on the day of the Seminar at the venue [Aliah University, Park Circus Campus, Kolkata]
Types of Delegates Registration Fee
- Professionals (NGOs/Media Persons/Policymakers): Rs. 400/-
- Academicians: Rs. 300/-
- Research Scholars & Students: Rs. 250/-
Call for Papers
The contributors may submit papers on following mentioned sub-themes in the light of Islamic jurisprudence.
- Gender Justice and Islam
- Family Law and Islam
- Criminal Justice System and Islam
- Environmental Protection and Islam
- Property Rights and Islam
- Democracy and Islam
- Human Rights and Islam
- Consumerism and Islam
- Banking Laws and Islam
- Technology and Islam
- Conflicts of Personal Laws in India
- Islamic Law and Related Ethical Issues: Live-in-Relationships, Surrogacy and Child Rights
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) and Legal Issues related to them
- Genetic Research and Ethics
Soft Copy of the Submissions should be addressed at: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- Last Date for Submission of Abstracts by Post/E-mail (Softcopy): February 01, 2020.
- Intimation on Selection of the Abstract: February 05, 2020.
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: February 20, 2020.
Dr. Zubair Ahmed (Head, Department of Law, Aliah University)
Mobile: +91-7637059870. Contact Hour: (1.00PM- 5.00PM)