Ram Jethmalani Moot Court Competition, 2020
@ Symbiosis Law School, Noida
[Postponed to July, 2020]
“Revised schedule will be posted in April, 2020”
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE AND EVENT
Symbiosis Law School NOIDA’s, a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), 1st Ram Jethmalani Moot Court Competition, 2020 is being held in association with Legitquest.
Shri Ram Boolchand Jethmalani, an eminent jurist and parliamentarian, led a successful legal career for 78 years and contributed towards the legal profession till the end. The achievements of this feisty legal crusader are unlikely to ever be matched anywhere in the world. Shri Jethmalani was also Professor Emeritus for Symbiosis International (Deemed University). In his capacity as a Professor, he enjoyed teaching students aspects of constitutional law and numerous other core legal areas. His enthusiasm was matched by the love his students had for his lectures; students, who were in as much awe of him as they were motivated to take up the legal profession as a career.
With the objective of taking the baton further, we are delighted to invite your esteemed institution to the 1st Ram Jethmalani Moot Court Competition, 2020 being organised at Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA.
Through this Moot Court Competition, we seek to promote the spirit of legal reasoning and advocacy. The aim of the competition is to expose students to the developing frontiers of law which shall help them to develop holistically. This moot intends to honour and celebrate ‘doyen of the legal profession’, Shri Ram Jethmalani’s legacy.
Faculty of Law / Law School / Universities are invited to participate in the 1st Ram Jethmalani Moot Court Competition, 2020.
The participants will get an opportunity to research and argue on contemporary issues of great importance in front of a panel comprising of highly distinguished and competent judges.
Symbiosis Law School, 47/48 Opposite Nokia Siemens Building Sector, Block A, Industrial Area, Sector 62, NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Only one team can register from one institution/college. Members of the team must be undergraduate students, either pursuing a 5-year integrated course or a regular 3-year post graduation course in Bachelors of Law or pursuing a one year/two years’ LL.M. degree from a recognized university.
Each team will consist a total of three members, two speakers and one researcher. The two speakers will compete in the oral rounds, and the researcher will compete in the researchers’ test. Speaker and researchers cannot swap positions during the competition.
QUALIFICATION FOR THE ORAL ROUNDS
The top 32 Teams with the highest combined score in the Memorial and Video round will be participating in the oral rounds. Selected teams will be intimated through email provided by them during the registration. The rules for video and memorial selection round can be found in the provided set of rules.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- The winning team will be awarded with a trophy, certificates, a cash prize of 75,000 rupees and a one year subscription to Legitquest;
- The runners up will be awarded with a trophy, certificates, a cash prize of 50,000 rupees and a one year subscription to Legitquest;
- The best researcher will be awarded with a certificate and a cash prize of 15,000 rupees and a one year subscription to Legitquest. The best researcher will be determined by combining the memorial score from the memorial round and the researcher’s test;
- The best speaker will be awarded with a certificate and a cash prize of 10,000 rupees. The best speaker will be determined by adding the individual speaker scores in the preliminary rounds;
- The best memorial will be awarded with a certificate and a cash prize of 10,000 rupees. The best memorial will be determined by the memorial score in the memorial round;
- All participants will be awarded participation certificate.
CONTACT AND REGISTRATION
The registration form can be accessed, HERE
Moot Organising committee
Prof. (Dr.) C.J. Rawandale, Director, Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA;
Karan Kalia, Founder and CEO, Legitquest;
Nikhilesh Ramachandran, National Advisory Board, Legitquest;
Ms. Megha Nagpal, Faculty Head, Moot Court Society, Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA;
Mr. Aman Shankar: +91-9971100475, Student Convenor;
Ms. Vanshika Arora: +91-9045090999, Student Convenor;
Mr. Arjun Sahni: +91-9999662593, Student Convenor;
Ms. Devanshi Rungta: +91-9643010535, Student Convenor.
For any queries, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
The website can be accessed, HERE
The moot problem can be accessed, HERE
The rules can be accessed, HERE
The clarifications to the moot problem can be submitted, HERE