National Seminar on” Right to Privacy and Artificial Intelligence”.
@ Unitedworld School of Law, Gandhinagar [Oct 12]: Submit by Oct 2
About the Organisation
Unitedworld School of Law commonly known as UWSL is a private law school situated beside Uvarsad-Vavol Road at Gandhinagar in the Indian state of Gujarat. It offers 5-year Integrated law course BBA, LLB and 1 year LLM course. This institute is affiliated to Karnavati University.
About the Seminar
Unitedworld School of Law is organizing a one day National Seminar on “A Paradigm Shift of Right to Privacy and Artificial Intelligence in The Contemporary Digitalized World” on 12th October 2019.
The Seminar endeavours to invite views from distinct sections of the stakeholders, academicians, research scholars and students on the legal issues related to the right to privacy and the associated vital facets.
The conference presents first considered session at the minutiae of the right to privacy and the various facets associated with it. The second session shall provide the preface of data protection laws and its implication in society. The session will also take coverage of the challenges of informational privacy and the data protection bill.
Third and the last session shall put the controversy of Artificial Intelligence and will delve to the Srikrishna Committee Report for analyzing the privacy dimensions of AI. The session will also address the discussion on the pros and cons of AI and will cover the issues of ‘Cryptocurrency’ and ‘Block box’ algorithms.
- PARADIGMS OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY vis-a-vis CONSTITUTIONALISM.
- REGULATORY REGIMES & EMERGING TRENDS IN RIGHT TO PRIVACY IN INDIA.
- DATA PROTECTION LAWS AND BLOCKCHAIN.
- CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF DATA PROTECTION BILL & DATA LOCALISATION.
- AI AND ITS INTERPLAY WITH DATA PRIVACY, DATA PROTECTION & ALLIED EXISTING REGIME.
AI AND ITS FUTURE PROSPECT OF PRIVACY.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited from Researchers, Academicians, Practitioners, and Students on issues related to the above theme. Authors of selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers at the conference. Joint authorship is permitted, subject to a maximum of one co-author.
- 1st Prize- Trophy + Certificate of Appreciation
- 2nd Prize- Certificate of Appreciation
- 3rd Prize- Certificate of Appreciation
The best three papers will be duly rewarded. The selected papers will be published in our conference proceeding.
Note: All the participants shall be provided with the certificate of participation.
- Students: Rupees 1000/- for a single author
- Academicians: Rupees 1500/- for single author
- Lawyers and Others: Rupees 2000/- for single author
- Note: Additionally Rupees 500/- for co-author
- Payment Mode: NEFT
- NAME: Unitedworld School Of Law (A Unit Of Karnavati Medical & Educational Trust)
- BANK NAME: YES Bank Current
- ACCOUNT NO: 070988700000175
- IFSC CODE: YESB0000709
- BRANCH: Bhuyangdev
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors have to register separately. In the case of co-authorship, the presence of one author is necessitated to attend and present the paper.
- Submissions are to be sent only in electronic form and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The abstract shall not exceed a maximum of 250-300 words. Full paper must be of 3000-4000 words (exclusive of footnotes/endnotes/bibliography).
- Abstract as well as Full Paper shall be submitted both in pdf and MS Word and shall be submitted to email@example.com
The paper must comprise of the following components:
A Cover Letter:
- Mentioning Name of the Author(s)
- Course, Year of Study (if applicable) or designation
- Name of College/ University (if applicable)
- Professional Position (if applicable) with Postal Address
- Email Address and Contact Number
- Copy of the fee receipt
- Date of Abstract Submission & Structure of the Manuscript: 02.10.2019
- Date of Acceptance Notification of the Abstract: 04.10.2019
- Registration Deadline: 06.10.2019
- Date of Seminar: 12.10.2019
Centre Director: Dr. Nachiketa Mittal, Associate Professor of Law and Dean (I/C), UWSL.
Associate Director: Ms. Aparna Singh, Assistant Professor of Law, UWSL.
Ph No. +91-94738-41721, +91-74888-80511