National Seminar on Indian Criminal Justice System in the New Millennium @ PES University, Bangalore [Nov 23]: Submit by Nov 10
About PES University
PES University, formerly PES Institute of Technology, is a private university in Bengaluru, India. Established in 1972, it is focused on five main educational areas: Engineering, Medicine, Management, Law and Life Sciences.
The Faculty of Law, PES University, offers a five-year integrated BBA LL.B (Hons.) and BA LLB (Hons.) program spread over ten semesters.
About the Seminar
PES University, Faculty of Law is organising a one-day National Seminar on INDIAN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM.
There is no gainsaying the fact that an effective criminal justice system has been regarded as a quintessential prerequisite for the orderly functioning of a society. It’s said that disputes and quarrels are as old as hills, and conflicts are second nature to human beings. But, the ancients had realized quite early on that unless the criminal elements were regulated and restrained, mankind would become extinct within no time.
India is currently undergoing this phase wherein the new-gen offences and defenses are making the revisiting of the criminal justice system sine qua non. This seminar aims to appreciate the changing facets of criminal law in India in the backdrop of the global scenario with the following sub-themes.
- Sub- Theme I: Socio-legal Implications of Criminalization of Triple Talaq
- Sub- Theme II: Mob Lynching: Challenges and Solutions
- Sub- Theme III: White Collar Crimes in India
- Sub- Theme IV: Use of Technology in Criminal Investigation
- Sub- Theme V: Substance Use and Abuse in Adolescents: Need for Intervention
- Sub- Theme VI: Online Gaming: Prohibition vs. Regulation
- Sub- Theme VII: Social Media and Crime: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Sub- Theme VIII: Violence against Women and Children: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- Sub- Theme IX: Criminal Laws and LGBTQ+
- Sub- Theme X: Scaling down of Adultery
The following themes are only generic; the participants are free to work on more specific areas under the above-mentioned themes.
Call for Papers
The concept note shall be a minimum of 500 words and shall not exceed 1000 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, containing the following details:
- Title of the Paper and Sub-Theme
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institution
- E-mail Address and Contact number
- Postal Address
Papers regarding the above mentioned sub-themes can be submitted for discussion at the seminar subject to the following submission guidelines.
The Full paper has to be submitted within a maximum of 21 days, i.e. 14th of December, 2019. Subject to the decision of the University Editorial Committee, the final papers would be published.
Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. In the case of co-authorship both the authors need to be physically present on the day of the seminar.
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject as “Submission of Abstract/ Concept note”, as the case may be, and bearing the name(s) of the author(s) as the file names, only at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
Note: Participants must fill in the online registration form by clicking on the link or scan the QR Code.
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Students (co-authorship): Rs.750/-
- Academics/Professionals/Research scholars: Rs.1000/-
- Academics/Professionals/Research scholars (co-authorship): Rs.1250/-
The Registration Fee includes seminar materials, working lunch and refreshments during the days of the Seminar.
Note: The Registration Fee does not include accommodation/travel allowance. The participants are herewith required to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging. Please note that Registration Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Last Date for Concept Note/Abstract Submission: 10th November 2019
- Communication of Selected Abstract: 15th November 2019
- Last date of Registration: 10th November 2019
- National Seminar: 23rd November 2019
- Full paper Submission: 14th December 2019
DD (from Nationalised Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favour of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru. The DD can be sent by post or by hand at the following address:
Prof. Udaya Simha N G Faculty of Law, Panini Block 4th Floor, PES University, Outer Ring Road, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560085.
ONLINE TRANSFER (NEFT/RTGS)
Name of the Beneficiary: PES UNIVERSITY-GENERAL FUND, Current A/C No. 589301010050057
Branch code: 558931
Branch: PESIT Branch, 100 ft Ring Road, B.S.K 3rd Stage, Bengaluru 560085. IFSC: UBIN0558931
SWIFT CODE: UBININBBGNB
Note: Kindly mail the screenshot of the UTR number to confirm the receipt of the same. Cover letter, Registration form and DD/screenshot of Online Transaction payment should be sent in soft copies to nslaw[at]pes.edu, cc to udayasimhang[at]pes.edu
Cash prizes will be presented for two best presentations under the following two categories:
- I Best Paper Presentation: Rs. 5000 and I Best Paper Presentation: Rs. 5000
- II Best Paper Presentation: Rs. 3000 and II Best Paper Presentation: Rs. 3000
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/cc to email@example.com
Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Udaya Simha N G (+91 80 26729994)
Ms. Kruti U Nadig: +91 9036195987
Ms. Priyanka S Madane:
Mr. Maheen Qureshi: +91 9738233825