Vice-Chancellor @ Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli:
Apply by Oct 26
About the organisation
Tamil Nadu National Law University, formerly Tamil Nadu National Law School, is a state university and law school located at Navalurkottapattu, Dindigul Main Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India. It is the first and only National Law University in the state of Tamil Nadu.
The post of Vice-Chancellor of TNNLU will fall vacant shortly. A Selection Committee for selecting a suitable candidate has been duly constituted and it consists of:
- Hon’ble Justice A K. Sikri, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Hon’ble Justice P. Kalaiyarasan, Former Judge, Madras High Court
- Dr. Bimal N. Patel, former Director and Professor of International Law, Gujarat National Law University.
The Selection Committee now invites applications/nominations from eminent academicians in the field of Law who are interested to serve TNNLU as its Vice-Chancellor. The terms of appointment will be as per the provisions of the Tamil Nadu National Law University Act, 2012.
IN, Dindigul, Main Rd, Navalurkuttappattu, Tiruchirappalli, 620027
- The Vice-Chancellor will be expected to be a distinguished academician with the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- The person to be appointed as Vice-Chancellor should have a minimum of ten years’ experience as Professor in a University or ten years’ of experience in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership.
- The person appointed should have proven leadership quality and able to lead the University’s mission of promoting teaching and research at the highest level of excellence.
- The Vice-Chancellor should also have the ability to promote the University at the national and international level for the development of strong linkages with academic institutions of repute, Government and Industry.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply with their detailed Resume/CV along with a vision statement for TNNLU (not exceeding 1000 words). Institutions/Eminent Scholars/Judges/Legal Practitioners may also nominate suitable candidates.
Application/Nominations may be sent either by Speed Post or electronic form to the Nodal Officer not later than Monday, the 28th October 2019. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interaction with the Selection Committee. The shortlisted candidates shall also be provided T.A./D.A as per the University rules.
The Selection Committee shall recommend a panel of three names to the Chancellor of TNNLU (Hon’ble Chief Justice of Madras High Court).
The Selection Committee has appointed Prof. (Dr.) Kamala Sankaran, Vice-Chancellor, TNNLU [Address: Tamil Nadu National Law University, Dindigul Main Road, Tiruchirappalli- 620 027. Tamil Nadu] Telephone: +91 0431 2692101, Email: email@example.com as the Nodal Officer for the purpose of communication.