About the Organisation
The University of Calicut, also known as Calicut University, is a state university in India run by the state of Kerala. It is headquartered at Thenjipalam in Malappuram district. Established in 1968, it is the second university to be set up in Kerala after the University of Kerala.
The department of Law, University of Calicut offers a post-graduate degree in law with double specialization. The main objective of the Department is to equip the students with the research skills needed to strengthen the administration of justice in India.
About the Seminar
Department of Law, University of Calicut, Kerala is organising the International Seminar on ‘Eliminating Structural Barricades in Achieving Gender Justice’ on 12th, 13th and 14th December 2019 at EMS Seminar Complex, Calicut University Campus.
Gender Justice is the bedrock of an egalitarian society. Gender discrimination is the major obstacle which holds back society from marching forward.
It is high time to identify and address the structural barricades in attaining Gender Justice thereby to reflect strategies and aspirations. This international seminar aims to set a platform for researchers, practitioners and policymakers to discuss issues requiring interventions in different development sectors for ensuring Gender Justice. The seminar would chalk out a concrete proposal for ensuring Gender Justice in education, health, employment and other sectors.
Who Can Participate
Academicians, Social Workers, Social Activists, Lawyers, Students, Research Scholars, Personnel from Corporates, Professionals, etc. from various fields of social work and/or law, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields.
Eliminating Structural Barricades in Achieving Gender Justice
- Gender equality issues and Challenges in India
- Crime against Women
- Women and Employment
- Women and Religion
- Gender and Media
- Gender Equality and Judiciary
- Women and Development
- LGBTIQ- Issues, Ethos and Perspectives
- Health and Reproductive Rights
Guidelines for Submitting Abstract
The abstract not exceeding 300 words shall be written in English and follow Doc format, formulated on MS word (A4 size) in Times New Roman font, letter size 12 in one and a half line spacing with following details:
- 1. Title of paper and the relevant sub-theme
- 2. Name of the author(s)
- 3. Author Affiliation
- 4. Contact e-mail, mobile number
Submit the abstract at email@example.com
Mode of Registration
Online registration shall be done through this link, HERE
Registration Fee Details (Per person)
- In-service persons/Faculties: Rs.1000/-
- Research Scholars (Mphil/Ph.D): Rs. 750/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Accompanying Persons: Rs 500/-
- Foreign Delegates: US $ 150
Accommodation will be provided for the delegates on sharing basis in the Calicut University guest house on first come first served basis and chargeable as per norms. The remaining delegates would be accommodated in the nearby hotels on an advance booking basis.
- Rs. 200/- per day (Non-AC )(Sharing) in Calicut University guest house
- Rs. 400/- per day (AC) in Calicut University guest house
- Hotel Rs. 1000/- ( Sharing) per day
- Rs. 2500/- (Single Occupancy) per day
Mode of Payment
The registration fee and the accommodation charges shall be paid by way of NEFT/RTGS (Electronic Transfer) or by deposit to the following:
- Bank Account Number: 38895134965
- IFSC Code: SBIN0070200
- Branch: Calicut University Branch
The registration fee once tendered will not be refunded in any case.
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 20th November 2019
- Last date for submission of full paper: 01st December 2019
- Last date of registration: 01st December 2019
- Dates of Seminar: 12th to 14th December 2019
The Organizing Secretary: Advocate Preethy Thampan (Assistant Professor) – 8606634444
Joint Secretary: Advocate Veena Venugopal (Faculty of Law) – 8547791387
- Adv. Najma Thabsheera T: 9400544667
- Adv Krishnadas V:9947379599