Young India Fellowship [2020-21]
by Ashoka University [Round 2]:
Apply by Feb 2
About Young India Fellowship
The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies. The Fellowship brings together a group of 300 bright young individuals who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
About Ashoka University
Ashoka University is a private, non-profit university. An unprecedented example of collective public philanthropy in India, it is a pioneer in its focus on multidisciplinary liberal education, which is usually defined as one that transcends the boundaries between the arts and sciences and carries a strong emphasis on learning across subjects. Ashoka’s unique postgraduate programme, Young India Fellowship (YIF), now in its eighth year, has rapidly become one of the most sought-after programmes in India.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the YIF are:
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline (Final year undergraduate students may also apply)
- Maximum of 28 years of age on 15th July 2020 (Candidates born on or after 15th July 1992 can apply).
- Strong academic record and extra-curricular engagement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
An interested and eligible candidate for the YIF can apply via here.
The selection process includes an application assessment, a telephonic interview, a comprehension test, and a personal interview.
|SELECTION PROCESS : ROUND – 2|
|1.||Applications open||18th November 2019|
|2.||Last date to submit applications||2nd February 2020|
|3.||Interviews||1st December 2019 – 5th April 2020|
|4.||Final offers to selected candidates||10th – 15th April 2020|
- Tuition fee
- All materials including shared textbooks
- Fully furnished residence