DR. GOOLAM E. VAHANVATI
MEMORIAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
FUND FOR LAW STUDENTS.
LAST DATE TO APPLY 31/05/2019
ABOUT THE FUND
The fund is created in honor of the late Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati an Indian senior counsel who served as the 13th Attorney General for India The Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati Scholarship Fund aims to provide aspiring law students from an underprivileged background the opportunity to study in any law college in India in which they secure admission through merit.
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must fulfill the following eligibility criteria. They must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be applying for or already enrolled for LLB/LLM degree courses (all year)
- Be enrolled or applying for admissions to recognized Law Colleges in India
- Have an annual family income from all sources not more than ₹10,00,000 (10 lakhs)
- Be willing to sign-up for annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars.
- Students should have scored a minimum of 60% in X and XII board exams.
Scholarship Benefits and Awards:
The complete benefits of the GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2019 for Law Students include:
- ₹ 50,000 aid per scholar per year towards payment of tuition fees and other academic expenses.
- Subsequent Scholarship installment will be based on the scholars’ academic performance
- Scholars will also receive mentoring from top law professionals and GEV Scholars
- Exposure among the Judiciary Community of India from events/interactions organized under the mentorship program
via email to
via speed post to
GEV Scholarship Fund
115 Maker Chambers VI
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be vetted by the trustees and chosen at their discretion
The application form must be legibly filled in and must be accompanied by the following documents.
Scholarships, when granted, will be paid to the applicant in such installments as the trustees may think fit, having regard to the circumstances of each individual case. Applicants to whom the scholarships are granted will be required to execute such documents personally at our Trust office as trustees may see fit, and in particular the following:
If scholarships are not availed of without reasonable cause within 6 weeks from the date on which they are stated to be required, or if the applicant or his guarantor fails to complete the requisite formalities or execute necessary documents within 4 weeks of their being called upon to do so, the grant shall stand Cancelled.
LIST OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
- Applications opening date: April 15, 2019
- Last date of application: 31st May 2019
The following documents are mandatory for GEV Merit Scholarship application.
- All documents should be self-attested before submission: –
- Copies of the Mark sheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies
- Income proof (income certificate, BPL card, salary statement, IT returns) of applicant’s parents.
- Copy of CLAT results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card
for more details see official link– CLICK HERE