CfP: Seminar on Legal Ethical and Contractual Issues in Sports
@ NLSIU Bengaluru [27-28 July]:
Submit by July 1.
- There is a growing need for the strengthening of the governing/nodal bodies and on the regulatory bodies to develop a robust mechanism that allows for the growth of Sporting Events and activities.
- Contract Management by Sports Management companies
- Branding and Image Rights of Sportspersons
- Recent Trends in Insurance & Risk Management in Sporting Events
- Broadcast Rights of Stakeholders of Sporting Events, including Sportspersons, Management Companies, Franchises
- Law on Doping & Unethical Practices in Sports: A Comparative Analysis
- “Arbitration and Courts”: The Third Umpire in Sports Dispute Resolution
- Challenges to regulation of Private Professional Competition Events, Leagues
- Endorsement Rights: Player v. Franchise/Club/League
- Implication to Minors in Sports Contracts
- Abuse of Dominance and Competition Issues in Sports
Who May Attend the Seminar
- Lawyers, Academicians and Law Students
- Sports Persons & Industry Professionals, including Managers of Sporting Events
- Representatives from Sports Management Companies and other Institutions
- Representatives of Governing and Regulatory Bodies
- Abstract Submission: July 1, 2019
- Communication of acceptance of Abstract: July 2, 2019
- Last Date for Registration: July 5, 2019
- Submission of Full-Length Papers: July 20, 201
Submissions – Details and Guidelines
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original research papers on the above-mentioned themes are invited, submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s).
- There can be maximum only two Authors for each Abstract/Paper.
- Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers who would have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar.
- The full-length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is recommended).
- All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to Mr Rohith Kamath at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 1, 2019.
NOTE-The selected papers shall be compiled and published in the upcoming Online Legal Journal “Sports- Law & Justice” edited by CEERA, NLSIU, would be published HERE
For Each Participant: INR 2,500/- [Non-Residential] Registration fees may be paid by DD drawn in favour of National Law School of India University and sent along with the Registration Form attached herewith or through NEFT transfer, as per the bank details given below. Once the NEFT is done, the participant(s) must send the BANK TRASNACTION ID to email@example.com
for registration form and fee details click here
The fee covers the Registration, lunch, tea/coffee during the Breaks for the Two-Day Event. Participants will need to make their own arrangements for boarding/lodging
Ms. Susheela Suresh, Secretary, CEERA, NLSIU Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Praveen Tripathi Ph.D. Scholar, NLSIU (Assistant Professor, School of Law, Bennett University)