Call for Papers – TNNLU Law Review (Vol II Issue II). Deadline: 11th October, 2019.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Editorial Board is pleased to invite submissions for Volume II, Issue II of the TNNLU Law Review, a faculty-cum-student run, double blind, peer-reviewed journal published in June and December every year. Established in 2018, the journal seeks to encourage interdisciplinary approaches to contemporary legal issues through submissions from students, academics and members of the legal community.
Submissions are welcome under any one of the following categories. An abstract not exceeding 200 words must accompany the paper.
LONG ARTICLES: 5000 – 8000 Words
SHORT ARTICLES/NOTE: 3000 – 5000 Words
CASE COMMENTS & BOOK REVIEWS: 1500 – 2500 Words
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
11TH OCTOBER 2019
SUBMISSIONS/ QUERIES CONTACT:
Guidelines for Contributors
A. Types of Submissions
- Long Articles (5000-8000 words): Submissions under this category must present a comprehensive study of a central theme, along with the identification and analysis of related sub-themes. Purely theoretical papers will also be accepted under this category.
- Short Articles/Notes (3000-5000 words): Submissions under this category must deal with contemporary legal issues. It should directly address a specific issue and must be engaging and concise. Author(s) can also include evaluative comments on pending or recent legislation keeping in mind the objective and rationale of the legislation in question.
- Case Comments (1500-2500 words): Case comments must be critical analysis of recent judicial pronouncements. It must identify and examine the questions of law present in the case and comment on implications of the judgment for evolution of that branch of law.
- Book Review (1500-2500 words): Reviews of books relating to contemporary legal literature can be submitted under this category. The review should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive critique of the same.
B. Submission Procedure
- TNNLU-LR accepts electronic submissions in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format only. Submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for sending manuscripts is 11th October, 2019.
- While there are no rigid thematic constraints, contributions should be within the scope of legal studies and allied interdisciplinary studies.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing.
- All footnotes must be uniform throughout the submission and conform to the ILI Rules of Footnoting. End notes are not to be used.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- All submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter mentioning the submission category, title of manuscript, institutional affiliation and contact details of the author(s).
- The body of the manuscript should not contain any personal details of the author, so as to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
- The manuscript must be an original and unpubished work and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Copyright of all submissions selected for publication shall vest with TNNLU.
- Final selection of contributions will be made on the basis of comments received from the peer-reviewers. Authors are expected to incorporate this feedback.