Call for Paper_National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation, Submit by May 15
Call for Papers
National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation
Volume 1, Issue I [No Publication Fee]: Submit by May 15
National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation invites submission of unpublished original research article, review article or case law, project report, synopsis for its Volume 1, Issue 1.
National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation is a bi-annual publication.
The National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation focused on historical and present status of Food Law. Various Central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act,1954; Fruit Products Order 1955; Meat Food Products Order,1973; Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order, 1947; Edible Oils Packaging (Regulation)Order 1988; Solvent Extracted Oil, De- Oiled Meal and Edible Flour (Control) Order, 1967; Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992 etc. will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006.
The Act also aims to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards, by moving from multi- level, multi- departmental control to a single line of command. To this effect, the Act establishes an independent statutory Authority – the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India with head office at Delhi. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the State Food Safety Authorities shall enforce various provisions of the Act.
- Framing of Regulations to lay down the Standards and guidelines in relation to articles of food and specifying appropriate system of enforcing various standards thus notified.
- Laying down mechanisms and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies engaged in certification of food safety management system for food businesses.
- Laying down procedure and guidelines for accreditation of laboratories and notification of the accredited laboratories.
- To provide scientific advice and technical support to the Central Government and State Governments in the matters of framing the policy and rules in areas which have a direct or indirect bearing on food safety and nutrition.
- Collect and collate data regarding food consumption, incidence and prevalence of biological risk, contaminants in food, residues of various contaminants in foods products, identification of emerging risks and introduction of rapid alert system.
- Creating an information network across the country so that the public, consumers, Panchayats etc. receive rapid, reliable and objective information about food safety and issues of concern.
- Provide training programmes for persons who are involved or intend to get involved in food businesses.
- Contribute to the development of international technical standards for food, sanitary and phyto-sanitary standards.
- Promote general awareness about food safety and food standards.
- Food Laws and Standards in India:
- Food Safety and Standards (FSS) Act, 2006, FSS Rules and Regulations, 2011.
- Agricultural Produce Act, 1937 (Grading and Marketing)
- Sugar (Control), Order,
- Export (Quality Control & Inspection), Act, 1963 and Rules
- Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Legal Metrology
- International Food Control Systems including CODEX
All contributions to the journal are rigorously refereed and are selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new research paper or any other original contribution in the form of reviews and reports on new concepts in all areas pertaining to its scope and research being done in the world, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance.
Research Scholars, Academicians, Independent Law Professionals and other members of Law Fraternity may send in their submission latest by 15th May 2019.
1) The work submitted shall be original and unpublished.
2) Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
3) A reference list should be provided at the end of the manuscript. All the references mentioned in the text should be cited in the “Author–Number” system (Vancouver style). There should be at least 10 references in the article.
4) The body of the paper shall be-
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
5) The copyright of the entry to the Journal should be submitted once the entry has been selected and the authors (s) of the same have been notified.
Ø Research articles (which should not be more than 5000 words with an abstract of not more than 250 words).
Ø Review articles (Should not be more than 6000 words with an abstract that can stretch up to 300 words and references can be up to 100 at maximum).
Ø Popular articles (Should not be more than 6000 words with an abstract that can stretch up to 300 words and references can be up to 100 at maximum).
Ø Short communications (1000 words). For Author’s convenience
NJFSSR shall follow British English.
Submission: All the Articles and Research Papers being contributed for National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation are to be sent at: email@example.com
Entry should be in either ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
A mail confirming the receipt of the entry and subsequently notifying selected works of author (s) will be sent.
Authors should mention the name, email id., name of the institution, address of the institution along with the manuscript.
For any doubt(s)/clarification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org