5th VIT Pune MUN 2020 [March 13-15]:
Round 2 Registrations Open
The 5th Edition of VIT Pune MUN 2020 is scheduled to be held on 13-14-15th March 2020 at Vishwakarma Institute Of Technology, Pune.
VIT PUNE MUN is one of the leading Model United Nations Conferences in the state of Maharashtra, organized by the enthusiastic and hard-working students of VIT Pune. With the efforts put in by the organizing team we were able to host 350+ delegates from around the globe. Keeping in mind our responsibility towards the planet, we aim at furthering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) which are set by the United Nations through campaigns like #WalkTheTalk and #ConferenceOfChange.
In response to our commitment towards the conference and with an experienced team on-board we have received wide acclaim for our hospitality, delegate experience and the quality of debate. We have hosted the likes of Mr. Soumya Basu, a Patent Prosecutor from Delhi, who is heralded as one of the best in the country, Mr. ShivamKakadia an attorney at Bombay High Court, Ms. Rini Antony an avid debater who has had the honour of representing the country at Harvard WorldMUN and an employee at Google, and Mr. SatrajitSaha a recipient of NIE (Times of India) Student of the Year award in 2011, as members of the Executive Board.
We are also known for our innovative committees which include High-level Political Debate Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF); Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee (SOCHUM); Organization for Security and Co- operation in Europe (OSCE) and our flagship committee The Trilateral Commission (TC).
We are proud to boast about a stellar Executive Board that has a combined experience of more than 1300 MUNs. This year we are collaborating with socially impactful organizations like United Nations for India and Bhutan, MUNImpact, UNODC and UNICEF to further the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
As a token of acknowledgement, we have received a collaboration letter from the office of the Secretary General of the United Nations, His Excellency Antonio Guterres.
Please find below all the necessary details pertaining to the Conference:
Dates: 13-14-15 March 2020
Venue: Vishwakarma Institute Of Technology, Pune
Round 2 of Delegate & International Press Team Registration Fees:
- Without Accommodation(For School Committee) : INR 1500
- Without Accommodation: INR 1900
- With Accommodation: INR 5000 (With 3 nights’ accommodation)
Committees being simulated at the Conference along with the Agendas:
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- Discussing the Human Rights Violations in Donbass and the future of Crimea.
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Preventing Trade Protectionism with Special Emphasis on Anti Dumping Regulations.
- Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL)
- The International Legal Status of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
- The Territorial Dispute in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF)
- Discussing Sustainable Rural Development with Special Emphasis on Industrial Development.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Discussing the Challenges Posed by Migration and Refugee Flows with Special Emphasis on Security.
- All India Political Parties Meet (AIPPM)
- Privatization of Public Sector Undertakings.
- Discussing the Planning, Structure and Implementation of Welfare Schemes till 2024.
- African Union (AU)(Double Delegation)
- Implementation of The Agenda 2063
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- Reviewing the Peace Keeping Operation in South Sudan and Renewal of the Mandate of the UNMISS till 15th March 2021.
- Maintenance of International Peace and Security: The Situation in West Bank and Gaza.
- Trilateral Commission (TC)
- Evaluating the Threats and Opportunities for a New World Order
- Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee (SOCHUM) (School Committee)
- Protection of Children from Sex Trafficking and Child Prostitution with focus on South East Asia.
- Discussing Xenophobia and Racism with Emphasis on Refugees and Migrants.
- International Press (Journalists & Photographers) (IP)
(Note- The African Union (AU) is the only Double Delegation Committee at VIT Pune MUN 2020)
Facebook: V.I.T. Pune MUN
8999553281/ 9029557740/ 8605123322