4th CIPR National
Essay Writing Competition
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies is organizing the 4th CIPR National Level Essay Competition, 2018. The Centre seeks essays on the topic “Intellectual Property Responses to New Frontier Technologies: Challenges and Solutions.”
The competition is open to LL.B. and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law
Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
• Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com
• The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes)
• Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to
• The essay should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
• Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
• The cover page should include Name, Address, e-mail id, Contact number and name of the
College/University along with address and class of the Participant. In case of co-authorship,
the covering letter should include details of both the authors
• No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under
consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
• Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
• The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the
• Duly filled Declaration Form (available here) must accompany the essay.
• In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of CIPR shall be final and
• All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation 19th edition.
• Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5,
Footnote size: 10
• Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
The last date for the submission of the essay is 11:59 pm., 20th November, 2018.
Winners shall receive the following Prizes
First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
For Official Notification, Click here