ESSAY- LAWYERS GYAN 1st National Essay Writing Competition [Prizes For Winners+ Internship Opportunity]- Register By 31st August 2018
ABOUT THE COMPETITION-
Lawyers Gyan is proud to announce its First Edition “1st Lawyers Gyan National Essay Writing Competition, 2018”. The judging panel comprise of Judges, Activists, Advocates, and Legal Experts. Lawyers Gyan invite the students to participate and express their views on the given themes.
Participants may write and express their views on any of the following themes:
- Right To Information
- Criminalization of Marital Rape
- Right To Privacy with emphasis on Aadhar Scheme
- Mob Lynching: Legislation Required?
- Homosexuality Laws in India
- This competition is open for all students of Under-graduate or Post-graduate program from any recognized University in India.
- Person who is preparing for Judiciary or Advocates or Persons related to the profession of law or any other profession are eligible.
- Students from other courses are also eligible. .
- You have to subscribe to our Newsletter and It is compulsory and we promise that we’ll not spam your inbox with unnecessary emails. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- You have to follow our Facebook Page, Google+ Page, Twitter Page and it is compulsory-
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE! FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE+!
- Any College or University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Single Author- Rs. 150
- Co-authorship- Rs. 200
Co-authorship is allowed to Maximum of 2 authors i.e. 1 Author & 1 Co-Author.
Participants must send the amount via PayTm to +91-8573000303.
After the payment, all the participant(s) must Email us the screenshot of the payment with there personal details like-
- Phone number
In case of co-authorship, details of both the participants must be mentioned separately.
Email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Participants are to adhere to the following guidelines while submitting their essay:
- Multiple entries by one author are not allowed.
- A participant can choose only ONE Theme.
- Word Limit: 2000-3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Formatting specifications:
a. Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman | 12
b. Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
c. Line spacing: 1.5
- Uniform style of citation.
- The file name must consist only of the author’s name; in case of co-authorship both the authors name.
- Essay must be in .docx or .doc.
- The competition shall be in English only.
- Write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be an original work of the participants.
- Participants should email there essay at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- The subject line of the email will be “Submission for Essay Writing Competition– [Name of Author(s)]”.
- Research & Content
- Quality of Language
- Innovative thinking.
- The Decision of Judges will be final and binding.
Mr. Sanjeev Singh, Advocate
Mr. C. Singh, Retired Judge
Mr. Devendra Singh, RTI Activist
Last Date of Registration: 31st August 2018
Last Date of Submission: 15th September 2018
Date of Results: 02nd October 2018
- Winner:- Rs. 500+ Merit Certificate
- First Runner-Up :- Rs. 250 + Merit Certificate
- Second Runner-Up:- Merit Certificate
- Top 10 students will be provided with exclusive INTERNSHIP of 2 months with Lawyers Gyan
- All participants will get e-certificate of participation.